laser light

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Before its brought up as an argument remember we are talking about citizens rights of this great country not non-citizen rights, although that line continues to be blurred with the passage of each new recent piece of legislation.

I think the bad guys in their training camps realized long ago that box cutters were far more effective then laser pointers and as a result to date haven't been able to use one to cause blindness and derail a train, knock out a plane, or casue mass collisions from freeway overpasses, why? Because it doesn't work but in the imaginations of those that jump to conclusions.

Barnacle

AC Members
Dec 22, 2009
SW Washington
To be realistic, there's no way lasers (Even just laser pointers) would ever be banned in general. There's just too many uses for them that are totally legitimate. Just like any other tool (power tools, guns, sporks) it all just comes down to using them responsibly and taking reasonable precautions against those that would use them to do harm. For example as far as the pilots are concerned, they have glasses that filter out laser light. If they were that serious about preventing this sort of assault they could just issue these glasses to pilots.

That being said I still won't use mine with my pets, and that's just a judgement call on my part. I don't hold it against others if they use them with their pets and are reasonably careful.

n00b2fish

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
San Diego, CA
+1 for the Spork reference. One of the greatest inventions EVAR!!

DieselJunki

The Tomboy
Aug 20, 2009
USA
www.myspace.com
Well I think we are just going to go around in circles with this argument haha. Some people use them, others want to ban then... It's all just opinions that we each have. I like what Barnacle said
That being said I still won't use mine with my pets, and that's just a judgement call on my part. I don't hold it against others if they use them with their pets and are reasonably careful.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Yeah Chief!!! Totally agree with lots of what you have said! I love to play with my cat using a laser pointer. It is sooo funny!! I have also shined it into my fish tanks. Crayfish just sit there (boo) but my Angels really move! I find it entertaining. :dance2::grinno::dance2:

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
gunner, i agree completely. as a fellow gun owner it is very clear that banning things only causes damage. i think people should just pay more attention to the warnings on the packaging of the lasers and understand what not to do. people who are looking for trouble will find it one way or another.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
We can claim a purported need for any device, but realistically outside of a few well-established uses, I see no value in sales of laser devices for the general public. Pet-tag can work with a regular flashlight as easily as it can a laser light.

BTW - It is called ARC Welding, not arch.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Please..lets keep the subject not on politics...thanks.

Rallysman

Stinkfist
Aug 2, 2006
Indiana
I'm off to buy a green laser before they're no longer available.

LOL @ banning lasers:)

I have lots of fun with the 40w CO2 laser at work. Nothing like light that sets things on fire!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store