Leopard gecko (rock wall build)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LifelessForm

Papercut Survivor
Sep 8, 2008
Mechanicsburg, Pa
A window screen or you can buy metal sifters for cleaning out poop that work pretty well.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
well not sure i'll need it with the play sand it's really really fine. also got some darker grout and think this is about as much as i'm going to be able to do. i also sprinkled sand on to the grout while it was wet so it sticks.

also started just messing around making fake rocks and a hide.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice work so far. I'm glad you made many different levels in your design. Lizards like various temperature gradients to choose from.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
^ I know that people have used it before in a submerged setup but I'm pretty sure you have to seal it with something first.

ohbly

AC Members
Feb 9, 2006
New Zealand
I'm not sure about whether the additives in grout are toxic to fish? I've heard they are, but don't quote me on it..
A lot of people use cement and sand to coat foam for underwater backgrounds. You just need to cure it for up to 28 days, then soak it for a few weeks to leach out the alkaline salts.
I've made fake rocks out of just foam coated with epoxy, sand and powdered soil. They look pretty natural IMO but they are super lightweight so you'd need to silicon them down very well..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store