Lets Hear from all You Angelfish Fans...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
would a 30 gallon be good for a angel and cory tank? like 2 or 3 angels and 8 corys or so?

MIKE D

Cichlid Fanatic
Jul 2, 2007
Maine
would a 30 gallon be good for a angel and cory tank? like 2 or 3 angels and 8 corys or so?
In my 30 gallon I had 3 discus, 2 angels, and 3 corys with out any problems. IMO 3 angels are not good it leaves an odd man out. I would go for 2 or 4 angels.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Actually, 30 is too small for 3 of either species. a 29 makes a better tank for angels as it it taller than a 30.
while you can keep 2 angels in a 30..you may not have a large enough tank to properly house many species of corydora. possibly some of the smaller ones.
please try and remember discus are schooling Cichlids and prefer the company of other discus. it also spreads the aggression associated with the species.

this is not saying you cannot keep 2 discus...pairs are generally kept alone.but they are interested in spawning .

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
4 angels in a 29 gallon?

kgymn

AC Members
Jun 23, 2008
meili WOW are those gorgeous angels! I've always loved angelfish, but those have got to be some of the most gorgeous ones I've seen yet.

~Katy

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Awww thank you kgymn!

They are not the special breeder select ones, just good ol' regular angelfish. I have been working hard at nurturing them, I got them since they were little itty bitty babies. Just recently added 2 more koi ones. They are together right now, but I'm setting up 2 x 29 gals for when they grow up / pair up and I will try to separate. For now, they seem to love swimming and playing together. Azrael (the marble one) is the one that likes to be "pet", as I had posted in another thread. He always swims up to my fingers and gently brushes himself back and forth like a puppy! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store