Lets Hear from all You Angelfish Fans...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Well, looks like it's time for me to go with some angels. You guys gals have some nice looking angels. I have a planted 125 basically waiting for some . Right now there are about 20 or so cories , and 4 flying foxes. I am going into research mode. What would be the best amount of angels for this size tank ? Looking for some advice, thanks .

STC_0024.JPG STD_0025.JPG

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
a 125 can hold a few angels at issue tho is what happens when pairs form up. the more angels you add the greater the chances of pairs forming.

angels actually , when in large schools are similar to discus..but they would need a very large tank . 250+ G.
in this set up I would go for 4-6 even 8 angels. if you get a pair the tank is large enough to allow for territories..

but you will need to keep an eye on the Angels.(especially true with the larger numbers)

personally I would place 3-4 angels and add discus. when angels pair up decide to either keep angel pair or move them to different tanks.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for your info. My only other question right now would be about the discus. Is it true the water temp needs to 86 plus degrees ?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
not really.. the young ones fare better at warmer water 84-86 it helps their metabolism..they also need lots of food which = water changes.

adults do best in warm water 82-84 they pair up well with blue rams I keep angels with mine.

you could get a smaller tank and raise juvies (30-50 g) and move them over in a few months.

or pay big $$ and get adults.

you will find Discus an enjoyable fish. they are my favorite. and they make a great schooling center piece for a large tank.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
this fish is in a 29g bowfront. i can't imagine him/her sharing that small space with another angelfish. angelfish can grow rather large if they are well-fed and have the proper space.

ryverrat

AC Members
Feb 14, 2008
Here's my breeding pair- the black is the female. sorry about the pic quality- only have camera on my phone.

PIC-0086.jpg PIC-0085.jpg

Icom

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
heres a couple of mine
and the 55g their in (AFTER a trim)..2 Marble and 2 Veil Tail (I think they are:confused:).. hard to gets good pics of them,everytime I go to the tank they get all excited thinking its time to eat:grinyes:

DSCF0005 (Small).JPG DSCF0092 (Small).JPG DSCF0095 (Small).JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store