LET'S MAKE an ANGEL

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Yes,we will offer a percentage of the offspring for sale that we create to the people who subscribe to this thread only!(First come first serve.) There will of course be a limit posted depending on how many survive. We don't expect a high yield on the first batch but we will keep a select few to in line breed depending on the out come.
If this works out we may do this twice a year and offer these fish to AC members only. We will post pics by Monday 7/14/2008 so we can get the ball rolling.

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
We are working on an all Blue Angel so this will not be an option for this thread.

Cross is Blue Marble Blusher with a Platinum (Blue)

Sorry for not adding this in the beginning. Anything else goes.

Just be patient Angels take time to pair off, we do have ways to speed this up that will be included in this thread.

melissa3

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Western MA
This is cool, I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

PopPopsfish, your angel in your avatar is stunning. If it was a male, and if we lived closer, I'd ask for a date for my female. She lost her mate a few months ago and hasn't been the same since. :(

melissa3

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Western MA
Hmm, that might be good. :)

I just bought a juvy angel a little while ago. Not sure if its a boy or girl, but he/she is an aggressive little punk. It was only silver dollar size, yet its first time in the big tank he/she took a chunk out my female angel's gill (who was triple his size!) and killed a cardinal. He/she settled done some, but not by much, and if it doesn't work out, I'll keep you in mind. ;)

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
I wanna see some really nice wild blood standard zebras!

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
:OT: While we wait for the 15th. Pops, whats your take on peruvian angels, have you ever dealt with them?

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Peruvians

:OT: While we wait for the 15th. Pops, whats your take on peruvian angels, have you ever dealt with them?
One of our friends imports Peruvians ,they are excellent to improve your domestic lines. We have some 25% wild Peruvian/domestic crosses in our silver's. I will ask him to take part in this thread , we hope to keep this thing going . It takes time to create new strains and it can also be a ton of work.

The down side to imported is all it's little friends that come with the fish,that's why we are very careful who and where we get our fish.

They also take time to acclimate them to a higher PH and they don't always spawn in the higher PH ranges. That's why I leave all the hard work up to others and then pay a premium for wilds to enhance our domestic lines.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store