LFS Hilarity

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
I mean.. I don't know if I should laugh and say that's pretty brilliant, or hang my head and cry at how far people will take stupid.

From what you said, it seemed that people were ACTUALLY buying 'rock with purple string'.

Wow.

lucas68

Registered Fish User
Jan 4, 2006
Newark, DE
Ok, I called a few more "LAND of PETs" stores in the US (and got laughed at constantly). This is definitely a Canadian thing. I hope the people that are selling and buying this “rock with string” do not breed. We have enough stupid people in the world already (A.K.A. politicians). I think the US should stop this Iraq stuff and focus on the real problems, like the “rock with string” issue.

Slick, does the $72.45 include shipping? What color is the stick?

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
Lemme just remind you Americans that it's not the Canadian pet stores that are selling bottled "Betta water".

IMHO that ranks right up there with "string on a rock", albeit not as funny :)

Roan

NotGumbel

The Dude
Nov 5, 2004
Elkins, WV USA
Roan Art said:
Lemme just remind you Americans that it's not the Canadian pet stores that are selling bottled "Betta water".

IMHO that ranks right up there with "string on a rock", albeit not as funny :)

Roan
Well, let's not be too hasty. Perhaps if the two were combined, chaos would ensue ... can't go wetting rock strings all willy-nilly with any old water ...

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Bottled Betta water?

I guess if they don't charge anymore than a bottle of distilled drinking water from a conveince store I see no harm.Would be the same stuff,unless they're claiming to have add something to the water.

If I lived in Canada I'd go to every Land O Pets and see what reasoning each one gave.It could only get better.

Reactions: evil wizard

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
The bottled betta water is in Canada. Have seen it in just 1 pet store in a mall here. It was $6 Canadian for 1 Litre!

Edit... but haven't seen the rock and string, so far.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
i would like to extend my sincere appreciation to you, Slick fork, in investigating this matter further. It it clearly very important that we provide toys for our pets--after all, I can't count the number of milk jug rings that are in my house as toys for my cats, why on earth wouldn't my fish need a toy as well? I feel so negligent!

On that note--I wonder if the string is considered a toy by all fish, or just catfish?

Either way, I'm going to complain to my local LFS for NOT making this fine product available to me. I might have to make my own! Isn't a ball of purple yarn about $.89? And I have lots of rock around...I bet I could make a fortune supplying all the stores in the area!

LesbianChap

Don't ask, I'll tell.
Jan 2, 2006
Florida
http://www.bettawater.com/bettawater.htm - Betta Water

Located in Dalton Gardens, ID

Betta Water by Bio2 Pet Labs is the very best way to keep your betta healthy and happy! It is the ideal solution for bettas, goldfish or other fish living in non-aerated tanks. The water is de-chlorinated, de-mineralized and purified by dual-micron, carbon and reverse osmosis filtration, and then using unique, patented technology, the purified water is enhanced at the molecular level to create a solution with high levels of dissolved oxygen, antioxidants, slightly alkaline pH, and reduced structure for improved hydration and cellular respiration. Betta Water cleanses your pet’s skin, improves gill function and promotes wound healing and better health. Betta Water contains no chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals or chemical additives.

Betta Water is the pure and healthy solution that makes water changes simple and easy. No chemicals, conditioners, mixing or waiting are necessary, making it the safe and hassle-free system of caring for your pet. Betta Water has been shown to require 35% fewer water changes when compared to treated tap water, so you don’t have to change the water and clean the tank nearly as much.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I think we are all overlooking the obvious.

These rocks with string are obviously made for pirahana tanks.It aids in the removal of body parts.

Tie the string around a persons hand,drop the rock in,and presto missing hand.

Its used in Iraq by US forces to get information from insurgents.

Of course anything used by armed forces is wanted by 'normal people'.Explains the huge Humvees we drive on the highways that will never even see the road conditions they are made for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store