Live stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
what do u guys think is better a school of 20-30 cardinals or a school of 20-40 boraras brigattae? and what would u guys think would be a good big/mediums sized centerpiece fish which are suitable with the shrimps (i dont mind abit of snacking on shrimplets but not snacking on all shrimplets and adults plz, i dont want a fish which will hunt down those shrimps/shrimplets)?

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
do u think an opaline/dwarfgourami or a single red line torpedo barb will be good as a single centrepiece fish, that will go with a shoal of 20 boraras brigattae? are these two guyz compatible with the CRS. If not, then plz give me ideas on peaceful centerpiece fish which will not snack on the shrimps

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
okay i think i got a final idea, what at a shoal of 25 boraras briagattae and a single paradise fish. with the 2 ottos and a few CRS and RCS. i couldnt find much info on the paradise fish. are they compatible with the shrimps? i dont mind abit of snacking on the shrimplets.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
from what i've read paradise fish would be pretty epic...i'd go with them or a pretty gourami...idk dude...i may want to do a pair if i were you though...breeding colors and behavior of paradise fish are breathtaking...but yeah i like that stocking...if you want shrimp stay well away from angels...mine are stone cold killers

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
It could be risky. Paradise fish will get big enough to make a nice snack out of the Boraras and adult shrimp. How about something like a pygmy gourami. If you have only Boraras and shrimp, even this 1.5" fish will seem like a centerpiece.

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
do u think a pair of opaline gouramis will be okay? and i dont think i can find any pygmy gouramis in thailand, never seen them in any fish shop be4, but thx dude.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
How about a honey gourami for the centerpiece? They stay small enough that you could keep a nice big school of some microfish. Have you thought about pygmy corys, they would go nice with some of the fish you're talking about. I'm not sure about their compatibility with the shrimp though...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store