LOOK AT THIS VIDEO BEFORE BUYING ANY PLEC NOOB!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
I have a 180g with three plecos in it and i've seen them fight over territory also when your common grows another 8" i would imagine he will take out your other pleco as well unless you get a much bigger tank.

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Is this the same fish that you 'rescued' the other day?
pretty sure I told you exactly what was going to happen to this fish...
would you do us all and the fish a favour?
please stop rescuing fish that you neither have the space nor the knowledge to keep. I did tell you how this fish was not going to be compatible with the fish that were already in your tank. And as a sick or injured fish to begin with... it was pretty stupid to add it to your current tank.
No disrespect meant like.. but you really should look at what you are planning to 'rescue' as u call it, I have seen you get endless advice in the chat rooms and yet you never seem to take any of it.

a&j_tanks

]V[onster Devil Keeper
Apr 24, 2008
iowa
www.myspace.com
Is this the same fish that you 'rescued' the other day?
pretty sure I told you exactly what was going to happen to this fish...
would you do us all and the fish a favour?
please stop rescuing fish that you neither have the space nor the knowledge to keep. I did tell you how this fish was not going to be compatible with the fish that were already in your tank. And as a sick or injured fish to begin with... it was pretty stupid to add it to your current tank.
No disrespect meant like.. but you really should look at what you are planning to 'rescue' as u call it, I have seen you get endless advice in the chat rooms and yet you never seem to take any of it.
i take all the advice on this forum:devil:

i am telling you all right now, that none of the other plecs killed it
my plecs dont even bother each other, there lazy fish

when i got this plec it was in real bad condition, it was floating, not sticking to the side of the glass, and has fin bites everywhere
it was just laying at the bottom of the tank
i was hoping it would eat, get stronger and live

the chocolate plec was the same way when i got it, it look like it hadn't eaten anything thing in a long time

and him and star both got along, and star was prob 6inches compared with 2 inch chocolate
in fact i have pics...of them two

i do have some basic knowledge of fish keeping, ive been keeping fish for a year now
so why you got to be a **** about it i have no ideal why

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
i take all the advice on this forum:devil:

i am telling you all right now, that none of the other plecs killed it
my plecs dont even bother each other, there lazy fish

when i got this plec it was in real bad condition, it was floating, not sticking to the side of the glass, and has fin bites everywhere
it was just laying at the bottom of the tank
i was hoping it would eat, get stronger and live

the chocolate plec was the same way when i got it, it look like it hadn't eaten anything thing in a long time

and him and star both got along, and star was prob 6inches compared with 2 inch chocolate
in fact i have pics...of them two

i do have some basic knowledge of fish keeping, ive been keeping fish for a year now

all my tanks are spot on, all the time, i feed them only the best
i dont have fish die that often
Do you stay up all night to watch them?
Plecos are not lazy they're nocturnal, they are also bad swimmers so do not swim about to much.

a&j_tanks

]V[onster Devil Keeper
Apr 24, 2008
iowa
www.myspace.com
yea some times i do

star will just hang on the glass and sometime he moves threw out the tank like hes flying..he hides at night in the corners, or under the intake tube
galaxy will pretty much do the same thing..except sometimes he will shoot straight up and come back down?

im telling ya, that these fish are lazy

during the day they lay under the flat rocks...and thats it

i will even shoot a 20min video tonight

i think my black moor is more agressive than these two

he would shove other goldfish out of the way to eat

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
Ideally this pleco should have been alone in a hospital tank and maybe would have still died if the injuries were that bad. Thing is if someone comes to your door and hands you an unwanted fish, you are put into an akward position. Do you not take the fish knowing the fish has no where else to go?.

Plecos do fight each other, though I think there are more aggressive plecos and less aggressive plecos and I think male plecos may fight each other more. My clown plecos fought a bit, mostly just to chase each other off.

a&j_tanks

]V[onster Devil Keeper
Apr 24, 2008
iowa
www.myspace.com
yea and i was in akward position, i didnt want to see it die

and i dont have a qt tank at the moment, i am prob gonna get one just for this

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
OK lets calm down a moment.

People have been trying to help a&j establish what it is that may have killed the fish. It was the earlier thread which apparently shows a healthy fish which has led to the opinion that something in the 55 gallon tank has done it.

a&j is the person who saw the fish on its arrival into your tank and who knows in what condition it was at that point, and this morning.

Further heated comment as to what in fact caused the fish to die is not of any help. The Opinions have been put strongly, as has previous advice over accepting fish for which one can not provide adequately.

We shall not fall out over any of this :)

Equally, we are getting past the point where any further advice can usefully be given as to what happened to this fish and we shall move on, or at least not get personal.

Last edited:

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
A quarantine/sick tank is a good thing to have on hand. Not just for irresponsible neighbors, could come in handy if you need to isolate one of your fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store