Looking for a tankmate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
i would say go for it my friend, sounds nice, just a reminder cyps are a flight risk so make sure all holes are plugged if not they will find that 2 inch hole and jump right out of it, hehehe, that 20gal community sounds sweet i have a 20gal with 3 rainbowfish in it, later buddy..
IMO cyps aren't worth the hassle, especially with a tank that borders "too small" for them. 10 4" fish aren't going to be very comfortable and considering that they are very fragile fish, I wouldn't invest in them personally...

shmagu

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
Any other ideas? Just trying to figure out what to do and what would work best. I do know the transcriptus and synos will be moving to the 55 for sure. Would love to put around 5 shellies in too. Any ideas to use the top half of the tank? What about the substrate?

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
my brevis go to the top all of the time only when freightened they plunge into the shells my transcript's swim in the top portion as well..

hey jpaapy i totally agree with you but forever its worth most people do not listen to sound advice now i am not saying shmagu is like this but you can tell someone its a bad ideal and like all new or not to experienced hobbyist will go out and do it anyways so they have to go thru a live and learn lesson so to say, but yes i do 100% agree with you on cyps in a small system like a 20gal i would never do it but hey coolness i usually just try to give some advice to the wouldbe listener..

shmagu

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
Picked up the 55 today and I've got my work cut out for me with the cleaning. Oh well....it'll be that much more rewarding in the end!

I also got a bucketload of guppies and a 12" plecostomus. What am I supposed to do with those? I don't think I want the pleco in this tank with the synos and transcriptus. Should I see if the lfs wants any of them or should I use the pleco and some of the guppies to help the cycling process and then call the lfs?

shmagu

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
I found a home for the guppies. Will the pleco work in this setup or do I need to find a home for him before putting in the cichlids?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store