losing 1 celestial pearl danio's a day

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
The best and safest way to maintain stable water conditions occurs with regular (= weekly) significant water changes. Once a month is certain to cause significant fluctuations in parameters, not to mention the other issues that only a water change can handle. Live plants can factor in to the volume, but the more water you can change the better assuming other factors are in sync.

I don't see anything in your water params that should cause trouble (these fish occur in very soft water that is slightly basic in pH) especially if acclimated well as appears to have been the case here. Did you actually take out the dead fish...or did they disappear? If the latter, one might assume predation, and these are very tiny fish. Personally I would keep them in their own and smaller space to enjoy their unique beauty, but that doesn't mean a community setup isn't possible.

Byron.

Nathan.G

AC Members
i don't think it was predation.1- 3"SAE, 5 Panda Garra's, 6 Amano,15 CRS, 1 Cardinal Tetra, and 5 Oto Cats. There SAE only pesters the Garra's and Oto's over spinach, saw some CRS eating a dead one to the bottom but that had to be more of and opportunity thing. most were just dead at the bottom or on the top.

Its been a few weeks and i still have the same 2 males. started using tap water with API Tap Water Conditioner, But the hardness i fear my become a problem.so I may decide to cut it with some RO. The GH is 18 and the KH is 8. to me this seems to be a little hard. The fish breeders in Tucson said it shouldn't be. Not sure what is going to do to the rest of the tank, the local boys said harder water isn't so good with co2 and fish respiration

Think I'm going to try this again next week, the tetra, SAE and Oto's r heading to the pets store so its only going to be the Garras shrimp and CPD's

If i had to guess id say it would have to have been the "plant water" (even though they never ha any issues with it), Or i did just receive a bad batch,And I'm getting them from the guys in Tucson, Some what local and i know there weren't wild caught so less stress, but again just reaching for straws

If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions I'm all ears

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store