Losing a job sucks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I work part time (still in school full time) at a wholesale club. A lot of the adults there work part time so they have a little bit of income while they job hunt. 180 a week may not be enough to live off of, but I would imagine for four hours a day it gives you a break from job hunting and helps boost your morale along with giving you some extra cash. These four hours a day are nothing, and if you really wanted flexibility, you could work night shifts at places and then you still have all day for job hunting and whatever else.

I am not sure if this will interfere with any money you are getting during the transition period or not though.

Good luck with a new job!

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
1 year since I have been able to get a job in my field. My whole life has changed because of it but its also made me realize that its time to go back to school and get a new career. Dove right into A&P I last semester and next week starts A&P 2! Only got a B last semester but its been about 9 years since college. Baby steps.

Im waiting to hear about a job that I went on 2 interviews for. Its been awhile since I was there so most likely I didnt get the job.
Good luck to you guys that are jobless and remember that you arent alone!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
if i loose that, i need to move fast to replace that income....mortgages to pay etc etc....
Good luck, I hope things go well. I know the feeling though, I am the main source of income for my family, and now have 2 months left to find something.

Luckily I am making a lot of good contacts at the moment, colleagues who know recruiters are being very helpful, also have some friends with contacts in government jobs, so fingers crossed I can get something soon.

PuppyFluffer

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
east coast USA
Good luck. It's tough out there.

My husband was unemployed about a year and a half ago for 5 months and it was stressful. He is at the tail end of completing a degree - 1/5 semesters to go. He was really stressed with the job market, not having a degree, me being pregnant with our third baby..... It all worked out fine though.

I wish the same to each of you facing this situation!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Thought I would bring this back instead of creating a new thread, I got a new job and started a couple weeks ago. Things are going so well that yesterday they told me that they are looking to have me take over the department within 5-6 months :) thanks for all the kind words.

And, something that is so funny I am almost speechless, is that I also got an email today from a recruiter. Reading through the job description, and the job location, things sounded very familiar, that's right, it is my old job.

fsb72

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
I also feel you pain..I'm out of work but thats by choice. I'm helping my wife by stepping aside and letting her study all the while I'm looking after my little girl.....
I'm hoping to get back into something when my three year old goes to school..

hope you find something soon.......................................................

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store