Lost 5 fish, very upset.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
drip acclimation is pretty much useless unless you are adjusting for extremes and it is done over days. You would have most likely been better off with plop and drop. And using real tanks vice tubs to get things done quickly without prior planning. Soetimes yout "I wants" exceed your experience level that that clouds your thoughts.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Oh wow, that's awful! I would probably recommend euthanasia at that point :(
Poor fish... would I freeze it or what? I just don't want the poor critter to suffer any more then it already has...

drip acclimation is pretty much useless unless you are adjusting for extremes and it is done over days. You would have most likely been better off with plop and drop. And using real tanks vice tubs to get things done quickly without prior planning. Soetimes yout "I wants" exceed your experience level that that clouds your thoughts.
huh? Sorry, but could you explain that?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
The GBR is in a similar state, but without any major loss of fins. It has all the "ick" though... and isb reathing rapidly, more so then normal. Should I put that one down too, or is their hope for it stiill?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I'll assume, becasue I do not want to lose the GBR, that means that she'll do fine given time. I have Iced water (testing temp) ready for the uthinization. *sigh* I don't want to do this, but it's for the fishes own good... Temp is a balmy 5*f or so, I think that's cold enough? Or too cold? Well, I can't unfreeze now, it's 12:30, need to get to bed.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Little bugger certainly seems fine when being chased with a net...I'll have to do it tomorrow, I can't find him and I do not want to be debuilding my tank at 12:43 AM...

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Looks like a fungus as well. I would treat with melafix for the fungus, (shudder to say) and salt. At least that is what I am doing at present and mine look worse than yours. Euthanasia is not needed just yet.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Thank you excuzzzeme. I'll try to find some melafix and will get some salt. But before I get the salt, are we talking table salt, aquarium salt, sea salt, or what?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store