Lures for different species and different conditions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Though as I mentioned before, my go-to is the paddle-tail chartruese/pumpkinseed bass assassin, I also do some night-time wading in the flats around the north side of the Texas City Dike in later summer when the wind is still and the water turns to glass. Usually I'll go with a Top Dawg, She Dawg or Top Pup. Yo zuri came out with a new topwater this year in a mullet pattern that I'm gonna try. Nothin' like watchin' a huge sow speckled trout blow up under a topwater lure under a full moon...

Mark

teij_tseng

AC Members
Mar 25, 2010
I'd have to vote for the Cavitron Buzzbait as my all time favorite bait. Caught more pikes on that bait than all my other baits combined. Caught my 45"er on that too :grinyes:. Gotta say for the record that I love Mepps spinnerbaits as well. That would be my goto bait for bass!

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
I like the excalibur spittin image. I took it out when we were in some shallow pool between 2 lakes with lilly pads. in about 10 minutes I had 5 catches, since it was topwater it was cool too. Bass hitting the bait by jumping out of the water. For topwater bass it was awesome.

There was another lure I had a while back but haven't found any since I lost it on a snag. Don't remember who made it but it was a shallow diving jointed lure with a soft rubber type tail on it. So not only was it like a jointed rapala but it had a soft bait action to the end. This was great for shallower ponds since it didn't go deep.

For deep lakes when trolling we always use Rapala deep diving crank baits.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Senkos and Buzzbaits!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store