Mafia #20 - Pirates of the Carribean the Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
bad ju-ju...changing avatars during the game....all kinds of plots can be achieved...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
:grinyes:

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
RB, you only have that many, because you wasted one with a **** smile..lmao..way to keep up the post count!

LesbianChap

Don't ask, I'll tell.
Jan 2, 2006
Florida
Good observation for a newb, you must be paying attention to other games.

Day 1 becomes more important for future days as you can look back and see who was distancing,protecting slipping up.

From the rules:

9) The number of Pirates within this game will be up to the random number generator. It will be less than or equal to 40% of the total game population but not less than 25% of the game population.

That means there are between 5 and 7 pirates to look for. 3 of them being power roles.
I donno...unless I've misread, it looks like the rules allow all the pirates to talk to the Cooke...maybe this was a mistake or mistype.

Cooke – you are the ships cook and doctor. Not only do you feed the men their daily rations but you bind their wounds and are able to protect one of your mates during the nightly excursions. You may protect someone twice. You may not protect the Captain at any time. You may communicate with the Captain, 1st Mate and other pirates outside of the thread.

Pirate – You are one of Captain Black Beard’s men. You may communicate with the Captain, 1st Mate and Cooke and other Pirates outside of the thread.
This puts the pirates at a great advantage at the start of the game, being able to consolidate and start a train from the beginning...whereas the townies only have mediocore "power-players" by comparision. The Gov can talk to the Mag, the Mag to the Watchman, etc..lots of middle-men. Going to be an interesting time...

There's other questions to be raised, but I'll do it via PM with our mafia-mod...revealing them this early openly would take away the advantage they may give the townies...give me some time and I'll reveal them before the vote...btw, nightfall's scheduled for 8pm Monday CET, right?

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
First... LMAO @ LC's pre-game post!

Let's hope there's more posting of thoughts this time than last game. I sat out, but even reading along was boooring.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Yes all the Pirates can communicate, most games they can. But if you can take out the power roles it diminishes their strength. Actually we get the Captain and its game over.

The Gov and Mag can communicate, if the Thief finds the Mag they can communicate. The Mag can also communicate with the Watchman but the watchman can't communicate with the Gov.

Its all actually a bit confusing but I'd assume the Mag would tell the Gov who the Watchman is even if they can't talk also any thief that might find the Mag.

This is also why 1st night votes help out with other days as it helps show links between players.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Schedule is as follows

Game Start - Saturday Morning - sometime around 10am Central Time Zone..
1st Night Fall - Monday 6pm Central Time - (I have to be on the MS Great Plains Campus between 7 and 8 pm)
2nd Night Fall - Wednesday - 8pm Central Time
3rd Night Fall - Friday 8pm Central Time (No UD's will happen this day due to lack of voting.

The game will freeze as of this point and I will have RB lock the thread. Nothing will be allowed to occur so people can enjoy the holiday and no one feels pressured to log on to the site.

Game will resume on the 27th of December.
4th Nightfall - December 29th 8pm Central Time (UD's will not happen this day)
5th Nitghfall - Extended till January 2nd 8pm Central Time (UD's resume)
All nightfalls after this point will happen at a normal 2 day interval unless you decide to have them happen sooner. All nightfalls will happen at 8pm Central Time.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Can we get a final official player list? (There was editing going on in the signup thread.)

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
HN, just read the last list in the sign up thread...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store