Mafia 2014 #1-- FF1 Simple--The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Okay, just so I don't "muddy the waters" here are your words with no commentary from me.

Hey I'll vote Zaffy right now if you can prove to me that UN is Scum. Until that time Zaffys late switch on night 2 is no scummier to me than your late vote night 1 on a UD.
Wiz, I believe you most likely are the second scum.

I am aware of my limitations sometimes making my point, as you are.

At this point in the game I'm not going to engage you in what I consider a question that is designed to muddy the waters and split the innocents vote. A scum team of UN/Zaffy is highly unlikely. If anyone I consider innocent needs help figuring that out I'll try to be clear, but please reread what I posted yesterday.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Personally 2H, to me, you are looking scummy.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I am here, my work schedule changed and it kicked my butt. I used to work m-f from 7-4 and now i work w-sun 6pm-6am...that transition was rough. I'm going to go get caught up.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I feel like a parade of catastrophes today.
I'd certainly have my attention on me too. I feel like Scumasaurus rex right now, the scummiest scum that ever scummed the scum. I'd be tempted to vote myself if i could.

While I was supervising the lab today, around 3:30, the internet at school cut out. This is a huge hassle because kids who were taking exams can no longer submit them and they risk losing their work. It's usually poorly received when students lose their work so we try to avoid it. Generally, lab time is pretty dead and I just have to make sure they're not cheating and I have plenty of time to do my own thing. But, when something like this happens everyone gets all anxious and needy.

Long story short is that, At 3:30 when I attempted to post my vote change and it didn't work I also became very needed by very needy little monsters. I had to interrupt a kid and get on my phone to post before nightfall. While I had crafted my original vote, for some reason I thought that I was tying UN and FF up at 3 votes a piece. again, a mistake on my part.

When I got home, my fiance and her sister were waiting because we were going to KBBQ for dinner. Now, it's 9:30 and I'm exhausted and get to do it all over again tomorrow.
There were two reasons I wanted to switch to FF.
1st was his insistance on the crazy idea that Pappy controlled the motion of the moon and stars to create the perfect storm of hitting Kash and lynching DD.

2nd I thought I was creating a tie between UN and FF, I guess in my flustered state I carried that flawed notion all the way to nightfall where I stopped thinking and just posted. You could say I FFed up.

I was focused on the vote count:
(2) FF1 by 2Hobbs 190 jpap 227

(1) jpap by FF1 192

(3) Un by wiz 222 Zaff 224 Bally 226

I figured FF would move to protect himself, that'd make it 4:2 My switch would then make it 3:3. I was originally trying to post it at 3:30. Assuming either FF or UN were scum that would have given the scum 30 mins to try and mount a save. I didn't look at the names close enough to realize that UN hadn't voted yet, (I know now, it said there was a vote still outstanding). That's purely because I was posting from work and I'm a terrible multi-tasker.

I had no problem voting either one of them, I thought either of them could be scum. Unfortunately I messed up.
Here’s what gets me about Zaffy’s vote. The two previous quotes he states how busy and flustered he was and that he didn’t have time to think about his vote and then he posted the thoughts he was too busy to think about.

Reason to lean you innocent: The math works out. If kash is innocent and lynched, DD is innocent and UDs, and an unknown 3rd is hit. The town loses 3.
Reason to have a tinfoil suit made: The math doesn't work out. If the game started 7 innocents : 2 scum. 7-3 = 4. that would be 4:2 not 3:2. This is important because the math is central to the reason you give for voting the UD.

Reason to lean you innocent: 1 townie loss rather than 2. Of course scum would rather kill 2 townies than 1.

Reason to have a tinfoil suit made: The other runner up was the hit, DD could have come in last minute and tied it up in which case the person being hit could have been lynched and then the scum only gets one kill.

If it were almost anyone other than Pappy I'd put my foil away and lean innocent, but pappy is clever enough that I can't justify that right now. I feel likeI've used a lot of words to say nothing, unless someone can point out an error I've made?
This appears to be his most helpful post of the game, but all in all it’s quite confusing. He posts all these theories and then admits that it’s just a bunch of words with no real content.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam

At this point in the game I'm not going to engage you in what I consider a question that is designed to muddy the waters and split the innocents vote. A scum team of UN/Zaffy is highly unlikely. If anyone I consider innocent needs help figuring that out I'll try to be clear, but please reread what I posted yesterday.
What makes you say this 2h? A last minute switch like Zaffy's which (unintentionally?) saved me makes sense if we were scum mates. I don't like how you would cast that aside completely, given the circumstances I think we should be considering every possible outcome.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I don't know why it is splitting the first line of the posts up like that....

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam

Ok, I don't see how avoiding a question helps us at all. By avoiding the question you're muddying the waters even further. Without a clear cut answer, how are we supposed to determine your innocence?

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Trying to do this at work, so I don't have much time here.

2H, when I first mention the work you went through to pull all my posts to see if anyone would take the bait, you said you were leaning me innocent.

Now, when I am going after you and Zaffy you said you think I am the second scum.

Who is the first and why isn't your vote on them? Are you waiting so your vote won't be the first or possibly the kill vote on the next innocent that might be up for the lynch?

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I have to go now, I will try to look in again but most likely won't be able to make it back before night fall has come and gone. I don't get off work until 6 pacific time.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I have a lot to do today before I go to work, Air Force finance dept is a nightmare they've been shorting me 352$ per month for the last 3 months and they've "fixed it" 3 times now. I will try my best to be back.

In the meantime for reasons stated above I vote to lynch Zaffy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store