Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
JM,

I never said or even implied that you're stupid. In fact, I believe quite the opposite. My experience with you dating back from the game in which you, Kash and I were CI together is that you are very blooded and easy to ignite. Both characteristics that I respect, and have had to learn to control myself. I have also seen time and time again with you, a tendency to misread posts and overreact to your misinterpretation. Several times you have made yourself look scummy by doing this.

What I'm saying is that in this game, you have been way too cam and collected not to have another outlet somewhere. I mentioned before that you attacked Pir without even giving lip service to the fact that he could have been telling the truth loooooooooong before you could have been so sure. Based on your actions, you KNEW he was lying.

That, JM is why I believe you to be mafia. Let me know when you have more time to discuss it, and I'll be happy to say it again.

Using smaller words if you like.

And I'll speak slowly.

And then maybe someone in the scumden can help translate for you.
:worthy:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
G/o Just a question to the vets. Has anyone ever talked about giving a Mafia 101 class? G/o
That would be a nice idea. There is an old thread somewhere with very basic info, but little strategy. I found it back when I started out but it wasn't much help.

I imagine the reason no one has done this more and maybe it wouldn't even happen is because everyone spends what free time they can in the games. For most, the only time they aren't in a game or in between games is when they have no time at all. There wouldn't be time to host a class or get into discussions about it then either.

Some of the vets also seem a little tight-lipped about the tactics they've developed over time, too. Even in a lot of communicating boards, they freely share their ideas and such, but don't always share how they derived them.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Night Fall in 2 HRS

PMs as required

Zaffy -14-Kash 1153 Pir 1157 JM 1161 Dawg 1162 Mav 1168 Chill 1171 Razz 1236 LG 1241 Wiz 1254 Bally 1256 Salt 1266 DD 1269 JB 1272 Mav 1303 2H 1326

Pir 2--Zaffy 1178 Wiz 1203 Mav 1208 UN 1336

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
I'm still rereading, but this is pretty much they way I've felt about everyone else this game. Once you start getting into maybes and possibilitys, everything becomes a jumbled mess and you start to make mistakes. Zaffy + Chill have been going after me from the start.

ps. tommorows a 24 hour day right?
Yes UN I have been giving you a very close look since the get go. I must have missed Zaffy doing the same thing though. If you can show me him giving you a hard time I'd take it as strong evidence of your innocence. Pull a few posts and change my mind.

Bally if you've seen something on this front plase feel free to point it out.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Hey guys, I'm back. I won't be able to post much tonight, I had a rough night and then today made it worse........... Sorry guys. I'll try to catch up but I can't say that I will have much to say........ :(

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I see some of these conversations when I come back to the thread and it just amazes me how easy it is for everyone to get caught up on some point or another and lose sight of the overall picture.

Sorry I know you said you were dropping this, but you lost me on that last sentence. Who did they give up?
They would be the Scum team. Didn't they give up Zaffy, when they killed Rich?
Not really Rich gave us Zaffy. Hitting an innocent JB would have prolonged the confusion but in the end still would have left us deciding if we could trust Rich. Given that Pir lied I think most people would have trusted Rich and Zaf would still be today's lynch.

I'm not saying JB isn't scum or that your theory isn't possible. I'm not as convinced as Kash on that, but I don't think Zaf factors into the equation. I've been weighing it and think it's unlikely but still a possability.

The biggest risk for the scum would be if Rich lied and investigated someone else. Rich kind of handicapped himself there though when he made a big deal about not lying. If he admitted he lied and revealed a diffrent result then he would be damaging his own credibility when trust was essential. The risk that he would investigate somebody else was probably small but then so was the chance that the confusion would save Zaf. Of course if JB's scum then yes Rich had to be the hit. On balance I would say there's not enough either way to make any judgement about JB based on this hit.
Agreed Chill, but prolonging town confussion is a big part of the scum's game, that coupled with the fact that Rich said he believed Haydn was scum would have only made things worse.
I disagree with your lynch tonight choice, if Rich was still alive. I believe we would be lynching Pir tonight. Hell it took the town almost three hours to come to the conclusion that Zaffy should be the hit tonight.
As far as Rich lying about his invest of JB, I agree he could have lied and went another way, but given these circumstances I have a hard time believing he would have done that. More importantly I don't think the scum thought he would go a different way.

At least it sounds like you agree with me that there is some evidence JB could be the "Golden".
2H... this line of thinking puts you solidly on the scum-dar. The only time it's ever a good idea to keep a known scum around is when you're scum. Zaffy needs to go. Tonight. NQA.
TwoHobbies, you were concerned yesterday (think it was yesterday) that the only reason Rich was killed was because he told us who he planned to invest next. I seriously doubt that was true so that's why I explained the importance (to the mafia) to kill a known/confirmed PR as fast as they can. Here, Chill is right. They didn't "give up" Zaffy at all.

It was the same thing for them (mafia) about killing Rich right away as it is for us today to kill Zaffy right away. Given a chance, we would have loved to prevent or delay Rich's death. And there's no doubt the mafia would stoop to almost anything to delay us from killing Zaffy.

Also in the conversation I pulled, I see discussion about whether Rich lied or not. Please be careful about these things or they take on a new direction of their own just like this. We don't want to get bogged down in details that prevent us from keeping things in perspective.

I'm the one who first said something like Rich could be lying.. or maybe Rich lied.. or something along those lines. (In my response yesterday to TwoHobbies.) Let's not take that part of my statement out of context. That phrasing was just one example I gave TwoHobbies to illustrate my point that the mafia would not wait to kill Rich because that could be risky for them. Their hit was a sure thing; not hitting him would be riskier.

I also gave other examples too.... that Rich might change his mind... was one, as well. Are we to expect someone else will come along to debate whether or not Rich would or should or might change his mind about who he planned to investigate? Be reasonable, folks.

In reality, there's no reason to question whether Rich lied to us. The fact that this point was raised at all like it's been is just plain silly. Nothing Rich said or did supports it.

On another note, TwoHobbies, your final remark that JB is "golden" is absurd. Again, I suppose THAT idea gets attributed to me too since I said I'm not worried about JB right now. Maybe I used the wrong wording or it's been misconstrued, whatever. That doesn't matter. Let me just make it clear what my meaning is.

The context of THAT statement was my belief that the mafia wouldn't have voted openly against Rich only to hit him the very same nightfall. JB and Lady G both voted him... so yes, there's a reasonable basis (on that point) not to suspect them. But that (again) is only one detail... even if it's an important one. Does it miraculously clear them or make them "golden?" Of course not. It would be unwise for any of us to assume that based on just one thing.

To be clear (or more clear if that's what's necessary here)...... I think there's a good chance JB/Lady G may be on the town side and I gave my reason why. That's why I'm not worried about either of them right now. It's also possible that they're scum and I just happened to notice one thing that leans to their favor. For the record... I'm counting both JB and Lady G as neutral. That is always subject to change as we get more information to use to compare against the information we already have. All that means is they are not my top suspects right now and I'm more interested/concerned in the suspects I'm watching. (Don't even ask, I've already posted who they are.)

Guys, this is a tough game (for the town, at least). We have very little to go on the way this has gone. With the lynches already lined up for tonight and the following night, we'll learn very little that we can count on for some time to come. The town still holds a large majority here and we have a great chance of seeing this through to still defeat the scum. Let's not get all caught up in hypothetical speculation about whatever so-called "possibilities" some player thinks of to suggest. (Often times, that stuff comes from the mafia just trying to mess with our heads.) The best thing we can do right now is keep watching, evaluate the real evidence we find along the way, and keep the larger picture in mind.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Jeez, sorry. That one came out a lot longer than I expected as I was typing away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store