Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
OMG I need a break from mafia! They're are just too many "what if's" It's hard to take them ALL in to consideration and I think the town needs to start putting out ideas to help bring those down. It's not just for my sake but for everyones.............. Salt
That's kinda the game though...

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I have a few minutes before I need to leave again.

The possibility of Lab Rat being blackmailed into her vote on Dawg was a good suggestion, and one I hadn't considered yet.... I had seen that in the rules but for some reason it didn't stick in my head. But after thinking this over, I don't think even that explains away Lab's posting this game. Sure, if she were blackmailed to vote Dawg, a pro-town way of doing it would be to come up with the flimsiest reason she could think of to justify it. And I will grant her reasoning is very flimsy.

However, the blackmail thing only applies to a person's single vote. The Don wouldn't be able to make Lab Rat act scummy in other ways, which I feel she's been in several of her other posts.... not just who she picked to vote for and why.

That said, I'll leave my vote where it is.

I've also been thinking about Salt's behavior/attitude. Not sure who it was that already made the comment and I don't have time to go back to pull posts right now.... but someone had mentioned before that it isn't uncommon for a new player to join into a game, expecting it's appropriate to come across like a wise guy and just take the mafia theme persona too far. Noobs don't always realize they're supposed to pretend to be innocent (whether they are or not) and browsing through a game or two beforehand isn't going get that point across, specifically. I also feel any that among any possible mix of players who could be teamed together, at least one of them would be bound to tell Salt to lighten up or STFU already -- before he got himself into so much trouble. At this point, I'm not sure yet which way to lean Salt... which is why I don't like making day 1 judgements on noobs, even when they are acting suspicious.
Okay, I should have slowed down and reread this before posting. That line should read:

"I also feel that among any possible mix of players who could be teamed together...."

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
Interesting that this is where the hand picking speculation started. Pir asked the question but this answer that JPap "LIKES" to hand pick seems questionable. Then Pir goes and pokes the hornets nest and asks others to try and figure out who JPap would hand pick. Pir votes for LR and then retracts saying he thinks LR is innocent and was blackmailed. I admit I did think it was an interesting idea but now I think I may be seeing some links forming between these two. Post 390 Pir votes for LR and then retracts and votes for LG in post 397. For now...

I vote to lynch Pir

I just get the feeling that he is trying to stir up confusion among the innocents with his posting.
Ok, first Labby was against figuring out who JPap would pick, then she voted you for your user title. She's either on something or trying to give us a hint.
................................................................................................................................................................

2H, do you ever plan on posting?

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
(1) The Don: You are head of the mafia and hope to eradicate enough innocents in order to take over ACville. You may communicate with other members of your team. You control the hit as well as the blackmail. In order to use the blackmail you must PM me the name of the person who shall receive the blackmail as well as the person who they must vote for. The receiver may not reveal to the town that they have been blackmailed. Upon your death you may continue to communicate with the other mafia players.
Is there a blackmail every night or just one?

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
However, the blackmail thing only applies to a person's single vote. The Don wouldn't be able to make Lab Rat act scummy in other ways, which I feel she's been in several of her other posts.... not just who she picked to vote for and why.
She can't hint that she was blackmailed, though. I really don't see her as scum, she was relatively consistent until that vote.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I also feel any that among any possible mix of players who could be teamed together, at least one of them would be bound to tell Salt to lighten up or STFU already -- before he got himself into so much trouble. At this point, I'm not sure yet which way to lean Salt... which is why I don't like making day 1 judgements on noobs, even when they are acting suspicious.

He does eventually drop the mafia lingo once people start looking into him

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Is there a blackmail every night or just one?
Maybe Pappy will answer this one for us. In the games I've seen before where blackmail was included in the format, it was only one-time thing. Another reason I find the idea less likely in this case... the Don would be wasting a very important power by forcing Lab to vote weird on Day 1 when it's actually quite easy to make a random, arbitrary, or indecisive vote and still not have it held against you later on. Besides, what good would a lone vote on Dawg accomplish for the mafia when Dawg hasn't done anything suspicious and no one else is likely to vote him along with her? That isn't going to get Dawg killed.... all that would do is maybe get an innocent Lab Rat lynched instead any one of the rest of us. It's too little gain for too much cost, IMO.

She can't hint that she was blackmailed, though. I really don't see her as scum, she was relatively consistent until that vote.
Who says she can't hint? The rules tell us the blackmail recipient can't reveal he/she was blackmailed. That doesn't stop a competent player from dropping hints or trying to leave us other clues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store