Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
...maybe :grinyes: Anyway, I RC's because nobody was listening and at least we'll get rid of one scum.
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to stop being friendly pir, and call you out for this. You don't really seem to be taking this role claim very seriously, and I can't take you seriously if you don't take losing PR's seriously.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I doubt it. First off, Labs theory was incorrect with ice. Then jpap told us they were random. I don't think he would lie to us......... At least I hope he wouldn't.
didn't he lie before about handpicking? no offense pap, but I think I remember hearing someone saying that before. I don't believe in labby's theory too much, i just found that interesting.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
IMO a PR wouldn't look so scummy through out they game, I'd assume they would try very hard to not look that way. And Pir didn't seem to try.... I don't quite believe him, yet I don't quite disbelieve him. He could be trying to pull the sympathy that was felt when lab was lynched and trying to manipulate it.

Maybe I'm just jaded from JM's little stunt from last game.....well played sir, well played.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
didn't he lie before about handpicking? no offense pap, but I think I remember hearing someone saying that before. I don't believe in labby's theory too much, i just found that interesting.
I think the last one he modded was the christmas game (or that was the last one of his that I was in) and I think he told us from the start that roles were hand picked.

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada

Thats the biggest crock of $%^& I've ever heard. Why would you cross someone out because they aren't as active as other players? In my book, anyone who votes is dangerous and could be scum. just because he doesn't post a whole lot doesn't mean he can be automatically cleared!

Believe it or not, some new players can pick up on the game rather quickly. I don't see him as scum yet, I see you as a lying sack of......

I won't vote you, because you will be hit tonight. I don't see why the mafia wouldn't hit you, as who will you take down? 1 mafia (haydn)? i think that a good team will use a hit on you if you are what you say you are, and take the loss of a teammate rather than let you ramble. However, it would also make good sense for them to NOT lynch you and risk an invest by you, considering if you live till tommorow you will probobly be lynched anyways and nobody will want to hear your theorys and claims any more.

User I think you need to get off the energy drinks and calm down, can you explain the black part. You seem to be saying Pir is scum and you think the other scum will hit him? Am I reading that right? You're not going to vote him cause his own team is going to take him out?

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
hmmm...im really torn about this issue. on one hand, he could be telling the truth, but IME it is just as easy to lie about it after a huge event. no offense to Pir, but right now im not ready to take the bait. im going to go on my own suspicion, and know that i'll be watching you closer, Pir. im not saying i am going to vote for you tonight, but know that i am going to be looking through your posts more carefully.

im not buying your reason for investigating Haydn, since im not really seeing the whole coaching thing. plus, IMO, there are plenty of others playing that can be much more dangerous to the town if they are scum then a new guy that barely posts. all i am saying is that usually people look to the vets to investigate first.

I'm not going to go into specifics. Rich has enough experience to see exactly what I've seen. The fact that he's not reacting to it at all makes me think that he's scum. I feel pretty strongly about this and my vote isn't likely to change. Sorry if that's vague.
im really not liking this, JB. something about it just isnt sitting right with me. i know you said your explanation was vague, and it was, but the whole case against rich just seems too foggy to me for you to be so sure. this is especially odd to me since you insist on voting rich despite the fact that you say you believe Pir, who has named Haydn as scum. this also leads me to my next quote...

Rich, you've been playing these games long enough to know how to read between the lines. The fact that you're ignoring what's right there in front of your face is why I'm voting for you.

Pir, it's not that I'm not listening, I'm just trying to use what you've given to find players more dangerous than Haydn.
why wouldnt you want to make sure that Haydn is lynched if he is really scum by putting your vote on him?

can't you still look for other mafia members even if your vote is on someone that is known to be scum by a person that just RC'd the detective? there is no rule that says you can't interrogate other people after voting.

ok, so maybe you are just looking for other more 'dangerous' people, but if rich and haydn are really both scum, why would it matter which one is lynched first? if you end up being the hit tonight, your trail will be left right to rich, so it would be easy for everyone to see that he was scum, and then tongiht we'd be sure we would get haydn and then rich tomorrow. it really looks like you don't want the vote trail leading back to you, and don't want to be looked at if Haydn does end up being innocent and Pir is lynched tomorrow and turns scum, which you may or may not know. that way, you can say you 'believe' pir now without totally binding yourself to him later.

H/O guys, call me crazy but what if labby was on to something? I hate to bring back the hand picking thing, but maybe he DID pick dawg as the don. Pir could be a mafia because piranhas are vicious fish who thrive off of living in groups, much like mafia members. Just throwing some outside the box thoughts out there, do with them what you wish.
i find this theory very interesting, UN.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
User I think you need to get off the energy drinks and calm down, can you explain the black part. You seem to be saying Pir is scum and you think the other scum will hit him? Am I reading that right? You're not going to vote him cause his own team is going to take him out?
Heres a word you need to read:

HOWEVER

I was talking about how the scum team could use this situation.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
W00T I'M WINNING THE ELECTION!!!

nahh, screw explaining why, let's just write down our vote.
Since nobody's going to listen to me that I am 100% sure that Haydn is scum, I retract my vote and vote to lynch Salt4Sam, so we have a close runner up in the election.
hmmmm....
OK...maybe I read it wrong. Thanks for clarifying that.

Wow...so if you are lying to the Town you are gone tomorrow. For now I will believe you because we can't afford to lose another PR even though if what you say is true you will probably be hit tonight anyway. I retract my vote for Pir and I vote to lynch Haydn
I have to agree with this...

H/O guys, call me crazy but what if labby was on to something? I hate to bring back the hand picking thing, but maybe he DID pick dawg as the don. Pir could be a mafia because piranhas are vicious fish who thrive off of living in groups, much like mafia members. Just throwing some outside the box thoughts out there, do with them what you wish.
I have considered this thought but also consider her theory flawed because of Ice

I doubt it. First off, Labs theory was incorrect with ice. Then jpap told us they were random. I don't think he would lie to us......... At least I hope he wouldn't.
Razz.... really??

from all that has happened, I am willing to switch... I unvote Pir and vote to lynch Hay.....

I am curious though as to who is the real macoy.... back to read

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
IMO a PR wouldn't look so scummy through out they game, I'd assume they would try very hard to not look that way. And Pir didn't seem to try.... I don't quite believe him, yet I don't quite disbelieve him. He could be trying to pull the sympathy that was felt when lab was lynched and trying to manipulate it.

Maybe I'm just jaded from JM's little stunt from last game.....well played sir, well played.
thanks bally, but my stunt is exactly why im not ready to run after Haydn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store