Mag 350 "sleve"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
well thats good then if you have no air and no visable leaks i would say that its good to put on the tank.

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
Oh, and I think I figured out why I am to put the outflow one in the tube of my UGF...I think this way it sends all the "filtered" water down and under the rock causing the rock to become like another filter before it goes back in the tank itself...does that make since?
yep makes sence to me

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
OK, going to get a water change done on it and will try hooking it up....be back in a bit with an update!!:perv:

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ok, well after alot of maneuvering, cutting of hoses and a couple baths....I have it hooked up!!!

The hose was to long for where I have to set it at...it was making the top hose kink..so I ended up cutting 4.5" off the hose I bought...after cutting the hose from the front. Then the "out" side didn't have the extension part...and there isn't a place near that sells parts....sooooo for now I cut the hose from an old python and added it to the out take thing so it would reach down in the tube of the UGF, it works until I can get up to the lfs and get the extension.

My question though is should the "extension" go all the way down the tube...the hose piece I have only goes about half way down and I can see tiny bubbles coming up from under some of the rock...I'm assuming if it went all the way down it would be better.

Anyway, after all the hard work you have done to help me and I have done to get it together.....here is what we have, and a couple of my fishies saying "Thanks Cat!!"

IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG

catfish69hunter

AC Members
Feb 23, 2008
:perv::perv::perv: YEAH that great i would try to run it the whole way down the tube. but all in all i would have to say a job well done G. and tell your fish i said their welcome.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
What a team we made LMAO!!! :thumbsup:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
It would be best to make the output hose that feeds the UGF fit snuggly on the lift tube. Just siking it down the lift tube will allow some of the water flow back up and decrease the RUGF flow...

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
It would be best to make the output hose that feeds the UGF fit snuggly on the lift tube. Just siking it down the lift tube will allow some of the water flow back up and decrease the RUGF flow...
Ok, so what do I do to make it fit "snug"?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What size are your lift tubes? You will need an adapter that your discharge hose can fit snuggly on and the other end of it fits your lift tube.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
The lift tube is the tube coming out of the UGF right? I really do not know the size of it....so kinda like the "cap" that comes with it, except you can add the hose on it right, or does the hose go through it and to the bottom of the tube?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store