makemyhobby.com

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Well I kinda think it is not scam, even this thread was started almost 2 years back and if this guy was fraud he should be behind bars by now.
This is definitely not true, not even in the U.S. Scam websites abound, it's different from having a fraudulent brick and mortar establishment. Much more difficult to prove wrongdoings that occurred on the internet, and bring about legal action when it's an E-shop vs. a local shop.

What IS likely is that enough people will be dissatisfied and not spend their hard earned money on such an obvious unwise gamble, that the website will no longer have the resources to keep operating.

Since compared to a local shop, it costs very little to keep a website and electronic payment system going, the facade of an E-shop could go on for years and years. See this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRLwKw9up3s
That is what this website is like.

Please don't waste your money. There are lots of other choices, for one thing you could do business with other hobbyists in your country:
http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums
Take a look at all those sponsors on the very bottom. Check out the Want to Buy and Want to Sell sections. There are other options!

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
"Copyright © 2008-2010 Make My Hobby. Powered by Make My Hobby"
How often do you see that? LOL

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
All in all, I find this whole thread to be questionable. I buy from well established US vendors, even if it means paying higher prices. I also buy from persons on the is forum and with 1 exception I have generally been pleased with said purchases.

I missed the point of why this 2 year old thread was dug up out of the grave? Time marches on . . .

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/makemyhobbycom-make-my-hobby-c265050.html

I was almost cheated by them... please read the amount of people complaining against them!
The above post re-opened the thread. Looks like they almost got another person, so the poster wanted to make sure others knew.

All in all, I find this whole thread to be questionable. I buy from well established US vendors, even if it means paying higher prices. I also buy from persons on the is forum and with 1 exception I have generally been pleased with said purchases.

I missed the point of why this 2 year old thread was dug up out of the grave? Time marches on . . .
Sometimes old threads are worth digging up....this happens to be one of them IMO.

srj

Registered Member
Jul 30, 2011
From a mail conversation with MMH support

This stupid company doesn't even have a direct payment gateway think that they are very well established company and are bigger and greater than any one else.

Lolz..

Below is the excerpt of my mail.

My first mail:
-----------------------------------

I've been visiting your site since many years but never bought any product
because of the negetive reviews you have from your existing and old
customers.

I don't see your site promising and don't find any money back guarantee or
anything to convince a buyer. So I'd suggest you to list your product on
ebay.in so that I can buy the product from their with ebay customer
gaurantee and refund policy. Also you'd get lots of traffic to this site
and help make people trust your service.

In this site I don't see anyway to know the status of my order or any
courier number. So ebay.in would be where I'd like to buy your products.

REPLY TO MY MAIL:
-------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Negative comments you will see on ebay also and for any company that operate on wide audience like Reliance, TATA, India Railway, Homeshop 18, Paypal, Amazon etc., no one is speared. And for starters ebay is for small sellers who don't have enough infrastructure to have their own sites or companies who can not market their products or do not have enough promotion budget at their disposal or they are struggling to get traffic on their site, fortunately we are proud to say none applies to MMH. And for your info the MMH is literally only hobby supplier in retail segment in entire South Asia so if you see any complaint in this field then it will be only us because there is no one else in field.

As you visit MMH website for many years as per your own claim, then you should have realized by now that we operate on success that is why we are here still operating.

You need to create account to place order and once you place order there is separate section where you can see the shipping details including the courier number which you are so concern of.

The company never thought to launch products on eBay nor there is any plan to launch in future as far as even after 10yrs from now.

As general advice when you buy sim of Airtel or Vodafone or any for your mobile, please prefer shopping from ebay than local company store as ebay provide money back guarantee not the company store.

Note: Do not reply to this email as it will be automatically deleted. Whenever you need to contact us, please use online Contact Us form or chat with our Live Help service operators online.

Thank you for choosing Make My Hobby.

With regards,

------------------------------------
MY REPLY:
------------------------------------
Hi,

It seems that you have not enough knowledge about e-commerce or gaining customer's confidence. Every company nomatter whether it is new or well established, might have some unhappy clients but its all about how they manage them ad what percentage of their customers are satisfied and how many are not.

Multibillion dollar multinational enterprises like Microsoft and Dell have their official store on eBay. Because they know how market is about and how eBay can bring clients. Here's the official dell store on ebay: Dell items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

And your claimed only small companies do sell via eBay. Let me inform you that your company would be making less than 0.1% of the sales of those selling via eBay. I can give a thousand such big brands selling on ebay. The whole idea is that the user who came to buy a RAM on eBay would somehow see DELL products and they turn into buyers. So the same you for your products too.

I couldn't agree with what you said. Let me inform you that your site is not so great as eBay in terms of usability or GUI. And from your site's SEO report I find literally no users in some days. You said about the entire South Asia, maybe because you are not fully aware of the entire population of south Asia. Anyway I read it like a joke :D

Your site is lost in a universe. If you keep waiting for direct client you would never grow your business. E-commerce is all about gaining customer's trust. You have lost it multiple times. So I was just suggesting you a way that you can make more sales.

In your case, you are not even seen on web, hardly very few know you and those who search for your site reviews get only negative reviews then in what way do you think someone should trust you. And I analysed that your site stands are 8 lakh Alexa rank and hardly some traffic coming your way and in that a very least are organic traffic which turns into buyers.

Your site lacks:
Not so user friendly CMS or interface.
No proper buyer guarantee terms.
No way for the buyer to trust you since there is no way that the buyer can be assured he he'd get the item for his money.
One can only find a negative feedback or complaints on delivery. I have not found a single happy MMH customer on the web.

You don't want to sell on ebay maybe because you can't assure the delivery guarantee or don't intend to even ship the product after taking the money. In case you are selling in ebay you'll have to do that. So you don't want to serve the customer fairly.
I don;t care if you wait for 10 years or even later, you are the loose, cos you are not the only one in the world who sells the product I'm looking for. So I'll move on to a different provider. Its simple and clear as that.

Provoking a customer is not the real way of how a business man should behave to improve his business. You didn't follow any proper etiquette in a official conversation. So I don;t expect you to understand how you'd grow your business.

Poor E-commercing and bad business model could collapse a company. You might be surviving because of wholesale suppliers and not because of new a regular buyer. I didn't mean that your company is bad. I just meant your web based business model isn't doing good. I can say that because I run a SEO company and was analyzing and comparing your site's performance since few months. Since you started your web based service at 07-Sep-2008, even after 2011 you are still not is any good position when compared to even small spam blogs. LOLZ

END
-------------------------

This is poor company is run by some kids.
1. No paymeny gateway, only NEFT to buy a product. - BIG FAIL!
2. No Support ticket system, customers can't reply to mails. Intead they have to use the contact page again. Lolz.
3. Site resembling 90's have very poor GUI.
4. Hosted on some poor hosting, take clocks to load at 4MBPS connection!
5. No even a single happy customer, and the people there are very much interested in provoking even a possible buyer.
6. Many reports of account suspension after a purchase.
7. And this company is not a legally registered company and is sellinng products without a TIN number so its illegal e-commerce.
Overall its god to stay away from this site.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store