malaysian trumpethorn snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

downset21

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
This is all very helpful advice. I use root tabs, I am due to put more in so I will do that tonight. Also, I have 2 clown plecos. I've had them so long that I didn't even think they would do it. To think I trusted them!!!! I have pruned off the dead and dying leaves and I will report back on this later. Thanks folks

chonhzilla

AC Members
Dec 27, 2008
Holes usually is a lack of potassium (K). Also "RED" plants need a little Iron (FE).
Exactly what I was going to say; it's a nutrient deficiency for sure. Especially red plants are quite demanding to stay that nice red coloration, iron will help boost its color. I've had similar issues in the past before with "holy" plants haha. My hygros are full of holes, even on super healthy green plants. After a few doses of potassium it cured it after a few days.

downset21

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
Exactly what I was going to say; it's a nutrient deficiency for sure. Especially red plants are quite demanding to stay that nice red coloration, iron will help boost its color. I've had similar issues in the past before with "holy" plants haha. My hygros are full of holes, even on super healthy green plants. After a few doses of potassium it cured it after a few days.
I dose with flourish-iron... I will add more though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store