Man Makes Record Catch With Barbie Fishing Rod

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
lol when I finish my pond and put all the fish in it I might make my own rod and fish in it.
For lulz.

blissskr

"Who's Barry Badrinath"
Jun 22, 2008
New Hampshire
If you use the drag correctly its not really that hard to bring a big fish in on low lbs test or with a small rod. Rods only break when you apply to much pressure on them such as if he tried to lift that fish with the rod seen that happen a few times with big fish. The catfish was most likely lazy though I mean summer in North Carolina, probably a little mud hole where the cats are stocked. Fished a few of those when I visited my brother down south and it wasnt really hard to bring fish in they had no where to take off too if they wanted too in small ponds. If that had been in a fast flowing river where channel cats belong it wouldve spooled him or probably snapped the rod. Channel cats fight hard and are a blast to catch in the rivers where I live.

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
To use the drag correctly you need a decent amount of line. How much line would a Barbie rod spool hold? Then again, she could always use her hair. It should be 20lb test nylon.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Holy crap...it's Matak. Long time no see!

Mr.Midas

AC Members
Jul 18, 2008
Kingston, NewBrunswick, Canada
that line would have had a pretty small diameter. it probably would have easily held 100 yards. that and they did say pond, so, like bliss said, it would have been lazy and stupid. which makes me wonder why it would be a record if it were caught in a stocked pond, i never even count fish i catch in a pond, lol

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
No matter what... this dude gets to tell his best fish story ever including "So, I had this Barbie rod."....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store