Mixing Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jinks

JAck Slave Driver
ya ya.. go back and read my post.. i fixed it..

here :

I thought he meant he had them for over a year and a half togehter.. nm.

ahhhhhhh...

he screwed me up

hes had the jcaks for 6months.. they are 2-3 "

Africans for just over a year.. they are 3-5"

Still had them together for at least 6 months.. in a 29 gal

Lisa

H2O Lover
Jun 9, 2003
Colorado, USA
Visit site
Forgive me if I don't know the correct name of the fish I had, but my vote for mixing Cichlids is definitely NO. I learned my lesson by doing that. I originally had Gold Severums, Firemouths, Jewels. Everything was great so I added a Malawi type. Things were still great. I thought - screw the people that say it won't work because it IS! Soooo... I added another one and the war zone began. I replaced the casualties with Kribs and another Malawi type. Oh boy! They started pissing me off when they went after my severums. I got rid of all the culprits and was left with my Gold Severums, which I adored. It was devastating. Even my plecos were gutted. Each day was a massacre. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND MIXING CICHLIDS! I was stupid not to listen to people advising against it. I had no clue. I'm sure my tank was probably overcrowded too. Just to make matters worse. If you go for it, all I have to say is good luck and don't be disappointed if they start roughing each other up. I can guarantee that you're tank will be better off than mine due to the simple fact that you're educating yourself PRIOR. Good for you!;)

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by Jinks
ya ya.. go back and read my post.. i fixed it..

here :

I thought he meant he had them for over a year and a half togehter.. nm.

ahhhhhhh...

he screwed me up

hes had the jcaks for 6months.. they are 2-3 "

Africans for just over a year.. they are 3-5"

Still had them together for at least 6 months.. in a 29 gal

OK im trying to keep the flaming to a minimum but cooome on man lol....your post is totally invalid to make on here. he's asking to be educated not mislead. 2 jacks and an mbuna in A 29 GALLON!!! That tank is going to be a damn breeding grounds for hell spawn before too long at all. I advise you guys do something before you are left with one of those fish and you aren't able to make the decision as to which one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store