Molly despisers, unite!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Debisbooked

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
Fremont Ohio
Than I think something weird happened and I am not sure if the black mollies crossbread with a gold mollie..., they are kindo of a grey color.

About 25 of them showed up sitting in a group together...
Ha! "Crossbreeding" is just a nice term for fishy incest!!! :dance2:

My angel fish is a homing agent for fry I think - he knows the minute the molly/platty give borth and has a feast......won't you LFS give you store credit for keeping them stocked with FREE stock????? Help you pay for the food to feed the molly clan!

Debisbooked

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
Fremont Ohio
My angel fish is a homing agent for fry I think - he knows the minute the molly/platty give borth and has a feast......won't you LFS give you store credit for keeping them stocked with FREE stock????? Help you pay for the food to feed the molly clan!
No credit-they get mollies on a regular basis from others besides me so they are really doing me a favor by taking the fish. I woud like an angel fish but up until the last few months Ihave not had anything live to feed one. Now is the time to reconsider! :Angel:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
In the past, I have had pretty good luck breeding and selling fancy guppies, with unusual coloring patterns. It actually supported my aquarium hobby for a good number of years. (All filter supplies, food, etc. Plus a new 10-20g tank every month)
Not here lately anyway.:) I do agree about it when the demand was large a few years back.

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
lol, I dont have mollies, but i do have swordtails, I know how you feel

NinjaPenguin

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
Johannesburg, South Africa
My wife bought 4 dalmation mollies (1m 3f) in February... 3 months down the line and we have about 6 generations cluttering up the aquascape already! Have more than 50 in my "for sale" tank destined for the LFS next week. Every week theres a new batch of tiny lil eyes staring at me through the plant leaves...

I think I feed them too well because they ain't eating their offspring! lol

Debisbooked

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
Fremont Ohio
if you dont like them why not take all of the mollies to the petstore?
It's hard to say why I don't take the parents in too...I guess because my daughter gave me the fish is the first reason. I assume the LFS does not want "adult" fish that might die soon. (Just how long do mollies live anyway? These two must be over a year old). I actually like the colors of these two -one is almost pure black and the other is a mottled black and gold. They do eat hair algae occasionally, which makes them valuable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store