Monster Energy Drinks vs. Monster Fish Keepers...spread the word!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Monster drinks gave me health problems. Now i vomit every day and it's not fun. Don't drink that crap or the other crap competition drinks.
Sorry to hear that, just like drinking alcohol and smoking, I will never drink an energy drink. Too many stories about people having heart attacks an other issues caused by them.

It turns out my little brother drinks Arizona tea and only drank one Monster and it was for a science project. Idk how that worked, but whatever.

Lol, LBF you sure are giving them the look right now with your avatar.

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
My friends mix energy drinks with gaterade... When you mix it with blue gaterade it turns into an unhealthy green. I call it radioactive waste and tastes like acid. I am not sure if they use monster or red bull but they are all equally unhealthy.

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Email sent, petition signed, and spread the word on my facebook. SO STINKIN MAD!

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
In a world where cigarettes are legal, you're wondering why the FDA hasn't shut down energy drink manufacturers?

As for this frivolous claim, it's the dumbest claim I've seen since Spike Lee tried to sue Spike TV for using the word "Spike". Trademark/Copyright laws were created to protect companies from other groups or companies that through the use of their company name or logo, will cause confusion among consumers and/or pose a threat to their business. There is no way that any energy drink, regardless of it's name, is going to be confused with a fishkeeping hobbyist website. The logo in no way resembles the Monster Energy logo. Add to that, that Vermonster Beer, which is actually a beverage and therefore far more similar to Monster Energy Drink, won against Monster Energy Company when Monster brought a similar suit against them in 2009, and the case simply has no merit.

The frightening part about this (and our legal system in general), is the fact that a large company with enough money can easily appeal until they drain the defendants bank account to the point that they can't afford to fight anymore. If it comes down to it, and you do end up in court over this, I highly recommend a counter-suit or similar action if possible, each and every time they appeal, in an amount to cover the estimated court costs, and other incidentals. Make Monster Energy Company pay for wasting your time and finances on their ludicrous claim.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
STUPID!!! Time to find a new drink!!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Monster drinks were launched in 2002, so I believe that MFK might predate them.

Kinda off-topic, but anyone who wants energy drinks, cigarettes, alcohol or any other drug should read up on prohibition and how well that worked. I'm not saying that there are going to Red Bull speakeasies, but that it usually ends up costing tons of money to uphold a ban which isn't very effective anyways.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for your support. The petition is doing awesome - its second day and it is so close to 400 signatures :clap: Here are some of the best comments from supporters such as yourself:

Monster,
If you think your customers are getting confused by an aquarium site's logo, then either you, or your customers are stupid.
Just because you use the letter M or the word Monster in your business name or logo, doesn't mean you own those parts of the English language.
It would be one thing if the Monster Aquarium Network was try to mislead your customers, but its obvious they are not. They are busy talking about Cichlids and Arowanas rather then some dude in a big truck.
Monster, please go find something better to do with your time and money and leave the fish freaks alone.

- Craig T

I enjoy Monster brand beverages, and NEVER have I considered the MonsterFishKeepers logo to look like the beverage logo. They are totally different. If anything, the fish logo is closer to M&Ms candy style font, since it is even in a circle, but even then I would not confuse the 2. Monster Beverages, please leave the fish site alone, they are NOT hurting you, they are NOT stealing profits, they have NOT copied your logo. I will stop drinking Monster beverages if they continue to pursue this frivolous lawsuit.

- Karen Pankiewicz

Don't be ridiculous. People won't confuse the two. The only commonality is the word "monster", which is a non-trademarkable English word. This is a David and Goliath situation, and you're on the wrong side.

- Claire Curtis

I am signing the petition because I feel there will be no confusion in both logos. One has devil horns and tail the other is green claw marks. Come on people leave Monster Aquaria alone. Monster Aquaria is about the aquarium hobby. Monster Energy is about energy drinks and sports. They are at opposite sides of the coin.

- Patricia Lopez

Long time monster energy drinker no more. Just stupid what they are doing to MFK.

- robert boughton

I think it is a ridiculous claim that one is anything like the other. It is amazing how corporations like this think everything belongs to them. It is just sheer greed and corporate bullying. The ‘M’s are very different and the products are in no competition to each other. If the Monster Energy company truly think that the ‘M’s used by Monsterfishkeepers and Monster Energy are alike, then they must surely feel that they are themselves in copyright violation too McDonalds, especially considering that McDonalds sell beverages.
Because of this, I will never purchase or drink another beverage made from them again and will urge others too do the same until this ridiculous claim is handled with some sanity and dropped.

- Brenton Smith

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store