FS Moss balls (marimo)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
How do you propagate them?

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
How do you propagate them?
From small pieces of larger balls. Sometimes the large balls with develop a "bump" that over time detaches and becomes a new ball, but it takes years.

Kristina

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
you remember that movie about those furry things that you weren't supposed to get wet, or feed after midnight? Well, marimo balls are the same way... you get them wet, and they spit babies at you (eventually). Just don't feed them after midnight, :Angel:eek:r they bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'green terror':rofl:

or course, the quicker way... they are like starfish... cut a piece off, and you have two starfish that look really wierd, but they eventually form into stars again... only these are soft spheres, not hard stars.

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
So if I split a piece off it'll take a really long time to form ball again... :(

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
So if I split a piece off it'll take a really long time to form ball again... :(
Yes, as long as several years. Much easier to just buy another one.... :evil_lol:

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
how do you charge my paypal?
Usually I don't charge, rather you log into paypal and send me money using my paypal email address. If you do not know how to do that, you can PM me your paypal email address and how many you want and I will send you a money request.

Kristina

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
Usually I don't charge, rather you log into paypal and send me money using my paypal email address. If you do not know how to do that, you can PM me your paypal email address and how many you want and I will send you a money request.

Kristina
ohhh ok when i get home and get the email, ill pm you the email and u can send me the money request..i dont know how to do that

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
what do you mean by Dosed with potassium permanganate to remove possible "hitchhikers.". can i just rinse it off and give it a little squeeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store