Most aggressive cichlid.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cichlidkeeper91

AC Members
Jul 8, 2006
sumthin fishy said:
Looking at how you stock your tanks, and how you offer poor advice, I dont think you deserve an answer. Why do you want to know anyways? So you can get one to add to the already poorly stocked 55?
Why dont you shut the F*** up. Your really pissing me off with that crap. My fish are doing just fine.There not fighting or anything. Maybe once I get a job and live on my own I will start getting other, and bigger tanks alright. If I did have any other tanks I would put them in that, but I dont't. So back off.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Your fish are doing "just fine"? Come back here 10 years from now and let me know how many of them are still alive mmmmkay? I may not be as tactful as L2P is, but the message is the same. We are here to provide the best possible care for these creatures. Not to discover the minimum ammount of care needed so we can enjoy thier shortened lives.

cichlidkeeper91

AC Members
Jul 8, 2006
sumthin fishy said:
Your fish are doing "just fine"? Come back here 10 years from now and let me know how many of them are still alive mmmmkay? I may not be as tactful as L2P is, but the message is the same. We are here to provide the best possible care for these creatures. Not to discover the minimum ammount of care needed so we can enjoy thier shortened lives.
Dude when are going to stop I'm not listening to you. Ok then, what are the signs of being stressed out, If its losing there color and being shy then thats not the problem, please tell me.

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
fish will adapt to a new environment. eventhough they may not be given the "textbook" amount of space within their confines that doesnt mean that they will not be able to develop, mature, and live a successfull life without being plagued by disease or death
actually, fish will not 'adapt' to a space which is too small. they simply don't thrive nor live their genetically programmed lifespan.

i think it's a given that not everyone can afford nor have the space for a 'large' tank. that said, if one doesn't have the proper space for a particular fish, then don't buy that fish. there are so many fish species available ... doesn't it make more sense to purchase fish that fit your tank?

i sometimes use this analogy: if you were kept in a closet, fed twice a day and had your pee bucket emptied every week do you think you'd 'thrive'? more likely, you'd survive but you wouldn't enjoy the experience. you'd be pretty stressed, you wouldn't grow as tall as you should have and your muscles would atrophy due to lack of proper excersize. you'd likely succumb to various diseases and would not live to a 'ripe old age'. it's no different for fish, or for that matter, any form of biological life.

for some reason which has escaped me, fish seem disposable. so many folks have a "if they die, they die .. i'll go buy more .. they're cheap" kind of attitude. we wouldn't treat the pet dog this way but fish? hey, they're just --- fish. i vehemently disagree with this practice. i'm not particularly religious but i know god didn't intend for us to torture animals in our care just because we can.

benvardag

AC Members
May 18, 2006
live2padl, its not exactly torture, its accidental death. im sure you have had fish die in your lifetime. did you consider it torture?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
benvardag said:
live2padl, its not exactly torture, its accidental death. im sure you have had fish die in your lifetime. did you consider it torture?
It is not "accidental" when done on purpose.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
cichlidkeeper91 said:
What do you guys think is the most aggressive cichlid. Put what ur opinion is.
The one that gets stressed out and kills everything else in the tank with too many fish of the wrong size for their nature.

Of course that one could also be the strongest of the last two.

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
hey cichlidkeeper since im the only one that knows where you are coming from I will tell you from my past experiences, in my experience I have noticed that red devils are a lot more aggressive than most cichlids. Now saying this dont use this information to fight fish, thats wrong. and to all the people that were ripping on him you guys should be ashamed of your selves, I know you guys feel for the fish as do I but getting worked up on something that is not even evident is stupid. Have you ever sat and thought that maybe he is just curious? I know I am. Maybe he wants to know so he can stay away from that fish so it wont kill his other fish. Did you read anywhere that he put down "i wanna fight my fish so i wanna know which is more aggressive?" no! you guys are getting worked up for no reason. just relax and calm down and give him the answer and then ask why he would like the answer dont just " hell no! your not getting it cuz i think that u may fight them!" and another thing he did not ask if his tank is too small or over crowded so stop putting in your two cents where it is not needed. Let him find out the hard way if it gets too crowded isnt that how we started out? we all found out the hard way. anyway stop being so ignorant and be so quick to judge. thank you for your time. **** that took forever to write :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I disagree managuay86.

You are not the only one that knows where he is coming from.

This is a forum and we are allowed to put in our 2 cents just as you are.

We did not all find out the hard way and that is not how I started or many others that I know.

Guess he just means well when he recommends improper stocking plans to the newbies as in his other recent posts.

Last edited:

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store