Most beautiful Cichlid thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
xhibition said:
WOW. What are these flower horns hybrid with? I'll never look at these fish the same. We are currently having a problem in one of our lakes out here because they keep fishing tons of illegal SA gars. Don't know much about SA cichlids, had no idea flower horns are hybrids. They're ugly as hell.

They were originaly a hybrid of the Midas Cichlid (Amphilophus citrinellus) and the Trimac Cichlid (Cichlasoma trimaculatum). These days some people say the Red devil cichlid and Trimac, but who knows. On looks, they can be a beautiful fish but only when they look like a Trimac, sometimes it is hard to tell whether it is a Trimac or a FH. But that being said I will not out of princible buy a FH or a hybrid fish EVER, I believe hybrids are wrong.

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
ashdavid, do you have a full tank shot of your 1850g tank? I would love to see that :D

As for what's the most beautiful fish...currently in my tank will be my male midas (my avatar), geo. abalios, trimac, HRP, and my synspilus :D

The most beautiful fish I've seen, MoJo's managuense, cichlidscene's midas and umbie, Jediparrots' psittacus and most of his collection, and seveland's pink convict. I'm sure there are more, but these are the only ones that came to my mind.

IMO...the rarest are the prettiest :D Like....Retroculus lapidifer, beani, psittacus, fernandezyepezi, micropthalmus...and etc.

mooman

Scratch my belly Human!
Mar 8, 2005
Columbus, OH
I've been hearing ashdavid promise to post a pic of that big tank of his for months. Come on man lets see it. It does actually exist right? :huh:

just kidding dave.

As far as the cacatuoides go, it is impossible to do that fish justice with a pic. I looked forever and couldn't find a really nice one.

Any breeder that dumps flowerhorns in a waterway should have to spend a day in a tank full of hungry flowerhorns wearing nothing but a bikini made out of beaf jerky. I'd pay to see it. :devil:

Last edited:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Nandopsis (Cichlasoma) Salvini is my favorite...

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
Any Aquidens Species with a black light or a male jaguar.

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
mooman said:
I've been hearing ashdavid promise to post a pic of that big tank of his for months. Come on man lets see it. It does actually exist right? :huh:

just kidding dave.
No probs Mooman :)
They are comming, I will tell you I deffiinately am no wiz on the computer , I am waiting for a friend to help me put the pics on a thread. You also probably wont believe it I dont own a camera I own a movie camera through it dosen't take good pics ,so my pics will be from a borrowed camera.

And just to add something to this thread, cichlidscene's midas and umbie are pretty awsome!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store