Muzi Gold Head Comps Spawned

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Thanks Pitt - this is a very good exchange! I have not paid as much attention to nutrition as I should have. Looks like I may have lucked out on supplies (even a blind mouse can find cheese once in a while). It looks like the HBH Meat Lovers has the earthworm and brine and even some krill. I took this flake and put it into a food chopper and then I added the FD Krill Fines & FD Plankton and chopped up all up together turning them into a fine power that the tiny altolamp fry can eat. I have started feeding that in the AM and NLS grow (chopped) in the PM and if I am around, I'll feed a third time.

I never really looked at the protein before. I was surprised that the NLS didn't have as much. Hikari first bites has 48% - I like that the 1st week because it is so fine/small that the tiny altolamps can eat it easily.

Thanks for the exchange!

Russ

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
Here's a couple pics of my 3rd male - I call him "Dark Dude" as he is so dark that you can't even hardly see his gold head. He is in 3rd place in dominance among the three males. You can see how much their color can vary. He is a nice compliment to the other two males.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
No problem man i just know how much you love those Alto's like i do and i thought i would share with you the success i am having with high protein feeding.. That third male looks good as well..

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
They are still doing well Pitt :) Little longer than 1 month.

They are in a 2.5 gallon tank. I plan to move them to a ten gallon tank soon.

Couple pics from a week ago

Russ

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Nice i just moved around some Calvus and i still need to move some Comps to another tank.. Looking good man..

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
Congrats on the fry, Razzo. Whenever i get tired of the planted tank setups, I will definitely do a 100% Alto tank. I have 1 Chaitika Gold comp, and he (or she) is by far my favorite fish in the tank.

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
Update: I moved the fry from the 2.5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon tank a week or so ago.

Had a couple more new spawns that I added to the existing Muzi fry.
I knew two of the females spawned and I was watching the tank like a hawk so I could extract the fry while they were still in the shell (nice and easy). Not sure how I missed them but fry from both shells had dispersed. I had to vacuum up clusters of fry. That's kinda rough treatment unfortunately. But, the new fry seem OK for now :)

Russ

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Looking good, I never would have expected uber-sensitive calvus fry to live in a 2.5 gallon tank. Have you considered a poret foam divider in the main tank? That would save you the hassle of moving fry to various other tanks as they grow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store