My 10g shrimp sanctuary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Einmyria Lucas

Shrimp Addict
Sep 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
juno.astroempires.com
Real Name
OMG STALKER!!!
RCS will cross-breed with the Blue pearls, and, unfortunately, the result will not be purple :)
That would be awesome if it was possible! Purple Shrimp!

Nice tank, what is Shrimp Mtn made of?

Now you make me want to have Cardinals, your Cardinal is very handsome! But I'm scared of paying more than $3.00 per shrimp and they end up dying and $$$$ go down the toilet with them. The cheapest one on Aquabid is $50 plus additional shipping fee, and no Live Guarantee on Priority. And only LG on Express and all the Shrimps have to be dead. That just scares me to death!!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
The shrimp mountain is just some interesting craggy rock I bought from a store in St Louis. I don't know if it's lava rock or not.
I got my cardinal from phong on aquabid. I ordered some yellows from him (in my 5g tank) and convinced him to toss the cardinal in for me to try out, with the promise that I'll buy a group from him if I can keep the lone dude alive for a while. So far, so good. Phong was nice to deal with and packed very well, for what it's worth. But yeah, they're expensive. If I do get a bunch and they breed well for me, I'll ship you a few for $5 a piece (what I'll probably sell them for at my local store) + priority shipping, but it'll be a while :) I think your water is fine, I'll post about that in the thread where you asked.

Einmyria Lucas

Shrimp Addict
Sep 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
juno.astroempires.com
Real Name
OMG STALKER!!!
Nice! None of the fish stores that I've been to sell rocks. On one of them does, but it is labeled as "live rock" which is probably for marine tanks? Then I heard some garden centers might have some bonsai rocks, but they don't sell rocks either.

Anyways, that would be awesome if the Cardinals did well for you! I would so buy a few from you at that price! Hopefully then these guys will become a bigger abundance and more people will be able to afford them and enjoy them :)

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Yeah, the live rock would be marine.
The Cardinals look like marine shrimp (only tiny). I find them much more aesthetically pleasing than the crystal reds. It's cool that they get different patterns and all, but I find them to be rather ugly. And the Red Cherries are worse. Look like little cooked lobsters. No thanks!
I think the Cardinals will never be super abundant, since they seem to require specific water parameters. Like the orange-eye blue tigers...

I'm sure some people on the board have good tips for sourcing nice rocks. You might want to start a post asking about that...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store