My 10g shrimp sanctuary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mjordan29

AC Members
Dec 20, 2009
no thats a baby malawa. ive got 2 tank of malawas. a 20 and a 10. there really fun.

where did you get the blue pearls. there soooooo blue.

the pics mad me laugh so hard. i guess on my sales threads o need totstart coming up with funny stuff like that and spend more time taking pics. my camera can do it im just impatient. it would be a great marketing strategy :) :clap::clap:

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
I have less than a dozen that blue, but I'm working on the colony by removing my less blue ones as the babies grow up (they get sent to the community tank). I originally bought 2 different groups from 2 different aquabidders.

I see you aquabid all the time. You really, really like LOTSOFISH :)

If you ever want to do blue pearls, once my colony is steadily producing nicely-colored ones, I'll be happy to trade with you. You sell plenty of nice things.

mjordan29

AC Members
Dec 20, 2009
I have less than a dozen that blue, but I'm working on the colony by removing my less blue ones as the babies grow up (they get sent to the community tank). I originally bought 2 different groups from 2 different aquabidders.

I see you aquabid all the time. You really, really like LOTSOFISH :)

If you ever want to do blue pearls, once my colony is steadily producing nicely-colored ones, I'll be happy to trade with you. You sell plenty of nice things.
lotsoffish is my fish idol. i love that guy. him and coryologist.
hehe i would say 3/4th of my fish room came from just those two guys. and then when i go to sell. everything sells by itself as they have already made the name for me. as long as i sell there fish i can support my point of the hobby. as of right now i cant afford to set up any more tanks. school just started back up and i need to make some cash. lol im pretty much broke.

need to buy a car next year also. :uhoh:

still love your pics!

jordan

EDIT: i just read my last post. lol i really need to reread things before i post them. i musta misspelled 100 words :) im ok with mispelling word as long its not like a stupid mistake...

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Ah okay, I was like... "I don't want shrimp that tiny, especially if they are not very colorful."
They are pretty neat. They're not quite as attractive as the various Neocaridina, but they are at least as, and maybe even more, interesting to watch.
They breed well also.
I think it's interesting having different species in a tank to compare behavior. For instance, the Malawas love blanched zucchini, the blue pearls are apathetic about it.

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
lotsoffish is my fish idol. i love that guy. him and coryologist.
hehe i would say 3/4th of my fish room came from just those two guys. and then when i go to sell. everything sells by itself as they have already made the name for me. as long as i sell there fish i can support my point of the hobby. as of right now i cant afford to set up any more tanks. school just started back up and i need to make some cash. lol im pretty much broke.

need to buy a car next year also. :uhoh:

still love your pics!

jordan

EDIT: i just read my last post. lol i really need to reread things before i post them. i musta misspelled 100 words :) im ok with mispelling word as long its not like a stupid mistake...
Yep, adult responsibilities take away from hobbies when you're in college. The good news is that you have more money for them later.
No pressure on the misspellings... I'm taking a break from my job as a high school English teacher... ;) (actually, I'm sure I make plenty of errors. The internet breeds sloppy writing as quickly as it breeds blogs)

mjordan29

AC Members
Dec 20, 2009
They are pretty neat. They're not quite as attractive as the various Neocaridina, but they are at least as, and maybe even more, interesting to watch.
They breed well also.
I think it's interesting having different species in a tank to compare behavior. For instance, the Malawas love blanched zucchini, the blue pearls are apathetic about it.
would you believe me if i said i just google searched "apathetic." lol i feel dumb. i dont even capatilize my letters a the start if a sentence. to used to M word soing it for me.

EDIT: not even college. haha im in highschool. i dont think the pinch for cash come for a few years though lol

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
cool cartoon eyes

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
would you believe me if i said i just google searched "apathetic." lol i feel dumb. i dont even capatilize my letters a the start if a sentence. to used to M word soing it for me.

EDIT: not even college. haha im in highschool. i dont think the pinch for cash come for a few years though lol
Yep. The Microsoft Word generation. I don't think it's a big deal, personally. Mathematicians thought the sky was falling when students starting using calculators as crutches... But now it's just accepted.

Your online sales at aquabid are very ambitious for high school. Keep at it when you can afford to.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store