my 125 gallon planted tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Hi Jay! The tank is looking really, really great!!!! The plants are filling in nicely and the fish all look happy and healthy. Love the pics you took of the baby bristlenose. I'm sure they are loving that tank!!! When the temps get a little warmer, maybe you can send me a small baggy of java moss, it looks cool! Say hi to Gizella (sp?) from me and Sugar!!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
just listing my plants here. a few i dont know and help identifying them is appreciated. if i mislabelled anything please let me know.
wisteria

water sprite

anachris

giant hygro

willow leaf hygro

java fern with giant val in the background

roatala???

no clue. red on the bottom of the leaf, green on the top.

hornwort

amazon sword

taiwan moss

java moss

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
i guess nobody is sure of those 2 plants either.
more updates! i replaced one rock with a piece of petrified wood. tied the java fern to it. the hornworst and anachris started to grow over the top so i cut them and replanted the cuttings. this is over a period of a few weeks so many pictures will look similar but really just show plant growth.

this is the first time i saw a berried shrimp since putting them into my tank so i got excited. sorry about the quality but he ran to hide and this is just when the tank lights came on.

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
thanks beth. so now im posting my last update for a little bit. this is all up until a few days ago so we are finally caught up. any ideas to improve the tank are appreciated. you can be mean, ill just give you a roundhouse kick like chuck norris! seriously though, i would love some input on improving the tank.
i ordered 25 dalmation and black sailfin mollies but i got more than double( 55+) the amount on my order. i have sold a few and found some homes for others, but im still relocating them. they all hide in the corner from the prochilodus so they dont take up much space, but they make an amazing sight in one big "bait ball". i do 50% water changes every 3 days to keep ammonia in check.

this is the blue rainbowfish i saved from the african tank. wish the other 2 didnt die. im also looking for a new home for him. he is eating and getting stronger. his fins are growing back nicely as well.

side view

this is all up to a week ago. the watersprite grows inches a day and now im just waiting for all the plants to grow in. feedback is welcome.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A very great looking tank!

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
i have mollies giving birth almost daily! the red eye tetras keep the baby populations low. the zebra danios are laying eggs daily as well but the flagfish hunts down their eggs and fry.
my goal was to keep many schools of small fish together in harmony.
thanks for all the compliments. the plants are growing and taking over the tank. the water sprite is massive! more updates on the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store