My 125 Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Oh, I saw the coolest thing in tank dominated by SPS with LPS and a few ricordeas as well. He used black plastic crates (the ones with fairly good size holes in the sides). Flipped them upside down and then attached live rock to it. It made a fantastic base in his 210. and he stacked rock in such a way that you really had to know what he had done to see it.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with the tank. :)

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Well I called the cabinet maker and got a bit dissappointed. What was to have shipped on Friday to be here tomorrow (18 March) will now ship 18 March and hopefully arrive friday of this week. I was hoping to get the tank up and cycling by this friday as I need to buy a lot of rock and wanted to get my 16 yr old daughter to help with the aquascape while she is on spring break. She is a real nature buff and likes my 70 gallon.

I did get the durso built and I am embarrassed to say that they are way too easy. I always thought there was a bit of rocket science to it, but only the proportionate size of the pipe and the "anti-siphon holes on the top", the rest was easy. Will post pics soon.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Grins: that is really interesting and worth pondering. What did he put at the bottom of his tank? Certainly didn't look like eggcrate?

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Can't wait to see some more pictures. I contacted two people about building an oak stand for my tank on eBay and their prices seemed very reasonable and the quality looked good...I think one was in TN and the other was in the midwest somewhere.
I don't know if you work on your own cars or not, but that metal stand certainly looks sturdy enough to support one! Wow!
Robbie

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
now I'm going to spend the next hours and tomorrow reading that log :lol:
His house is close enough for me to walk to, he knows to keep his doors locked in case I feel like "shopping".:lipssealedsmilie:

Grins: that is really interesting and worth pondering. What did he put at the bottom of his tank? Certainly didn't look like eggcrate?
Great question, he used Starboard...essentially the same thing you see those clear cutting boards made of. He said he paid $100 for the sheet of it and it has saved his tank when it comes to tumbling rocks, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store