My 125 Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
I'm surprised the staining didn't come out even. If you do it sections and provided there aren't water or glue spots on the wood it should come out even.

Almond, I thought I saw dental molding in the delivery but I don't see it on the stand?
Grins: dental molding is at the top of the canopy, not the stand.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Thanks Grins. I have already painted the stand and I am really pleased with the look. I will get a close up of the dental molding at the top of the canopy.

Right now I am putting together a GFI 2 Circuit outlet to build into the stand as well as I got a pair of mini hallides for the left side of the stand where all the electronics and wiring will be. You know it is that black (wiriing) on black (stand color) that will make it tough.

Kind of bummed becuase I got out of town next weekend for 4 days so won't get to set things up til the following weekend. On the good side, my friend who owns one of the LFS is letting me go in on a LR buy and I will get 50# for $35. So being greedy I am going to get 75....at that price I can make my own rubble for the new sump.:)

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
I hope so to. My friend who owns the LFS said that last time he got 2 pieces for the 50#.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Final Color

So I got frustrated and painted the stand black. I tried to finish it so some of the grain / color remained. Here is a front pic and and end pic. I like the way the grain shows through, but it isn't what I had pictured in my mind. I am happy with it, so no regrets.

Final Stand (1 of 1).jpg End Finish (1 of 1).jpg

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Dental Mold Pic for Grins

Sorry about the pic quality...but I had to underexpose this to get the dental molding to show up.

Dental Molding (1 of 1).jpg

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
:)Salty - thank you! I appreciate that. Luckily I got off all the stain and paint before work tomorrow. Wouldn't look good to do a lot of briefings with black stripes all over your arms and hands.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
New part of the project -GFI

I just finished a new piece of the project and that is that I built a 2 circuit GFI outlet to install on the electric panel at the left of the stand, and also installed an outlet protector over the outlet on the wall. I will get pics once it is installed. Good news is I tested both outlets and they work just fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store