My 135 gallon tank story.... from start to never ending... <3

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
More like "subtropical"...temp range is about 64-72 degrees F (18-22 C) preferably. They can tolerate low end brackish water, so make sure not to put them with tank mates that need full on marine water in the future.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I am researching alot to ensure that that doesnt happen. As fa as I know, none of the tankmates I have researched and thought about require full marine later on in life :)

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
So new and updated possible stock list:

2 dragon gobies
Ghost shrimp
Some Lyre Tail mollies
3-6 Orange Chromides ( Yes I have read the chromide beat the molly thread)

Im thinking that should do good. Right now Im still on the hunt for sand, I know what I need, but I cant seem to find it anywhere!!!!

After that, I will just have to buy 1-2 heaters for the tank and then I can start setting it up!

Im going to look at fish on the 29th, and if they dont have what I want, they will order it in ^.^

Im also looking for a 6ft ,1.7 foot high background for my tank >.<
I want an asian theme Im thinking... as well, I was thinking of real plants... but they seem like a pain in the butt.

Asian decorations anyone?

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I may still go with some archers. I dont know if that would overstock my tank however? Im betwn a rock and a hard spot, with chromides or archer fish... or maybe both... but im thinking I may get the archers when and If I move... so they dont have to be moved twice... Are they group fish? and would 2-3 fo them cause my tank to be overstocked?

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Im also looking for a 6ft ,1.7 foot high background for my tank >.<
I want an asian theme Im thinking... as well, I was thinking of real plants... but they seem like a pain in the butt.
Have you thought about painting the back of the tank, imo it gives a much nicer finish.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I did think about painting it, but if I eventually sell it off, I think it may be easier to just take the background off... as opposed to lowering the price, as it may "devalue" the tank.. and if I did paint it, what type of paint would you suggest? I have no good aeration in my room and that tank cannot be moved.. except a little bit forward to paint it.

Twistersmom

AC Members
Jan 17, 2009
I do not believe the archer is a group fish. I have read many places, they they sometimes fight with there own species.
I only keep one, and he seems very content to be a loner.
The archer will eat any molly fry, other than that, mine is very peaceful.

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
I did think about painting it, but if I eventually sell it off, I think it may be easier to just take the background off... as opposed to lowering the price, as it may "devalue" the tank.. and if I did paint it, what type of paint would you suggest? I have no good aeration in my room and that tank cannot be moved.. except a little bit forward to paint it.
Krylon fusion, if you did want to remove it a razor blade would get it of easily.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Wouldnt a razor blade scratch the glass however?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store