My 185gal build in progress (lots of pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cvermeulen

Sucking up knowledge
May 18, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Real Name
Cam
Well there's really no price comparison for this project, cuz it's fitting in an alcove in a room we have. It's 66"wide 24" deep, and 36" tall. It won't save me a TON of money, I think the stand and aquarium materials (plywood) cost me around $275CDN, or $225USD. The glass will be $250CDN, but it's 5/8" glass... I could have got 1/2" for about half that.

The epoxy for sealing it was given to me by a co-worker, so that will be free, and I'm not counting tools in the total cost, cuz I had most of them already.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice shots!

Fish Obsession

AC Members
Feb 2, 2007
This is an awesome project, really I can't wait to see the outcome. I want to see how it works out... maybe in the future... :D hehe...I'm not handy enough to build a tank but maybe it's something that could get my boyfriend more into the hobby... he likes to build things ... keep us posted, LOTS of pics please!!!!! :D

cvermeulen

Sucking up knowledge
May 18, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Real Name
Cam

cvermeulen

Sucking up knowledge
May 18, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Real Name
Cam
Sanded the seams some more today. God I hate sanding filler. It will be worth it I keep talling myself. I had to stop when my fingertips started bleeding (!). I also put one coat of epoxy on the bottom of the tank, partly to see how it'd turn out, and how much I'd need to use overall, and partly cuz I couldn't wait any longer!!

Snowy_The_Pleco

AC Members
May 20, 2007
It looks great so far! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store