My 6.6g L :D river bed tank :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
mg aka plantboy (lol) knows i live in nor*cal :)

Once i figure out what im doing i may ask him for shrimp and java moss but i whant to keep plants to a minimum and this tank will not have any fake plants if plants at all i plan on using alot of rock ... i hope it will do ok

actuly... are there any grasses you have mg ? i think some thin grass plants would look really nice ... lmk

also would it be ok to burry the bottom half of my heater in sand. cause i could put it in a better position that would look much better if i could ... lmk

:D thanks guys im very excited about this tank even though its small :)

oh yeah filter meadia from a 5 gallon i just took down yesterday was added last night and all the sand well 90% of it was from the 5g so cycling should be short if not non existant with my water :)

more pics with next change...(might add rock today) :)

pharasalia

Minion of Aquarius
Feb 9, 2007
Fort Myers, FL
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Melisa
I would add in some java fern or moss, you could tuck it in around your rocks and whatnot... to give the shrimp some places to go and breed in and whatnot. I think shrimp is a great idea for a tank that size... I wouldn't go gourami with your shrimp though, especially if you get smaller shrimp like cherry reds... I'd think they'd get eaten... but I would think a small school of dither fish like rasboras would do well and are small enough not to eat your shrimp.

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
it just acured to me that i am very interested in stocking an electric-blue crayfish and i have seen them localy before...

are they intertaining? what do i feed them and is this tanks foot print big enough its 24-8

i read that a cray should have 10g and well i figured sense it doesnt swim the hight of the tank dont mater :)

livingword26

AC Members
Dec 5, 2006
Kansas, USA
www.aquariacentral.com

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
^^^thanks, but i think im buying from mg if i get any.

so i went down to my creek bed and got some rocks i boild them and put um in ... i dont like it lol but i figured i would show yall anyways

the drift wood and fake plants are from my 10g

soooo im not satisfied ... any ideas on landscaping :\ ?

oh and that black piece is from my retired 5g im waiting to go to my lfs to pic up a bigger piece

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Can I ask you what are the dimensions of your 6.6 gallon tank? I think it would be a great tank for a male Betta.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Found It!

I found that 6.6 for sale on www.fish.com. I think that would make the perfect betta tank, or for a small group of fast swimmers like danios.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
also would it be ok to burry the bottom half of my heater in sand. cause i could put it in a better position that would look much better if i could ... lmk
No.

PufferFan

AC Members
Jul 15, 2006
hehe yes it would be an awsome! tank for bettas or small schooling fish :) im glad your excited about it i think its a great tank...

just to be clear its 24x8x6

one thing i forgot to mention i ran electricle tape around the top edge to hide the water level looks much better.

EDIT: thank you lupin i wont :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store