My Birthday Finds

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
its 2 inches and its eating guppies?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
If I seem to remember, you have fish that will outgrow your tank, have you found good homes for them? It's also a good idea to research your fish before you even consider buying the fish.

oscarfish1395

AC Members
Aug 23, 2008
i believe that they get up to 30 inches and need soft substrates. i am planning on getting one for my 180 gallon tank. i have read that they can be trained to accept prepared foods but it prefers live foods like guppy and earthworms. because it is such a curious fish it will learn to eat worms and other foods out of your hands.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
You just reminded me, Oscar. I was fawning over a fire eel in one store and it went up to reach my hand and tried to nip me thinking I was holding some foods.lol

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
i believe that they get up to 30 inches and need soft substrates. i am planning on getting one for my 180 gallon tank. i have read that they can be trained to accept prepared foods but it prefers live foods like guppy and earthworms. because it is such a curious fish it will learn to eat worms and other foods out of your hands.
Thanks for your help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store