My blue mystery snail laid eggs this morning!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Mar 9, 2007
correct. Tia is also growing very fast, so that is also why, the shell's thickness just has to catch up w/itself I guess you could say.

Dianablue

Registered Member
Mar 7, 2009
Ble snail eggs

I have same thing but my Blue snail has dropped 4 of these things already in 2 days i have no idea what to do i have heard all sorts of things like they won't survive, but I am in Awe. My water line only leaves enough room for the snail and these sacks. When I didn't know what it was, as I am new to all this I removed one and the next day I had a little silver fish like looking thing running around in the bowl. I just don't know what to do, It keeps laying these things. The only reason i found them I was cleaning the tank and lifted the lid, they were all up there. I am trying to find answers, anybody know any helpful facts? lol please!

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I leave the brigs snail clutches alone that I want to hatch. I pull the ones off that I don't and put them in the freezer to euthanize. That way there is no chance that they survive in the trash to be released out in nature where they could be a problem. Each clutch can give you 50-100 new snails.

Dianablue

Registered Member
Mar 7, 2009
I have same thing mine keeps laying them and water level is only enough for snail and these sacks. 4 laid in 2 days Have no idea what to do. I am not so excited lol

Vicentismybetta

AC Members
Oct 21, 2009
OMG i got 3 clutches in one night. The parents are a blue apple and a black apple. Any guesses on the colors of the babies? Oh and i have one on the lid of the tank and i heard they can dry out cuz of the heat. what should i do to keep it moist if i want to leave it there?

Kerry121774

AC Members
Mar 2, 2010
RI
I have a MILLION of these snails yes for the life of me I can not get a clutch to save my life!!! I have issues with lowering the water level because i think the noise is annoying!! ;) Maybe I'll suck it up and give that try!

Whiteraven27

AC Members
Jun 23, 2010
I have 2 golden mystery snails- which is very new to us, in 11 years of fish tanks we've just never had snails before. My questions are: having 2 of them, will they be sure to lay clutches for us? Also, I didn't realize my pineapple swords would pick on them without mercy and I am afraid they've nibbled off bits of their antennae. The Swords are moving out ASAP because they are the only ones in the tank who can't get along with the snails. Will the antennae grow back? (not trying to hijack your thread, but it seems that this one has a good audience of experienced snail folks already gathered :) thanks )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store