My blue mystery snail laid eggs this morning!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Mar 9, 2007
Here's some of the babies. Arent they just the cutest thing?

4.JPG 10.JPG 13.JPG

soobie

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
eastern oregon, USA
Real Name
Sue
They're so cute! And so blue! Looks like they're doing great.

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Right on!

cmconniew

AC Members
Sep 9, 2005
Those are the cutest things. Love those! I had gold mystery snails. They laid eggs a few times but nothing ever hatched. How long does it take to hatch? I have an overabundance of trumpet snails so I bought a loach to eat them. So no more apple snails for me.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
Here's an updated photo of my little snail that I am keeping. I tried sexing it today, and think it's a she. Im calling her Tia. She has about 10or so brothers and sisters left from a newer clutch, so they are very tiny still. They will probably be ready to ship in a couple of weeks. They are blue also.

IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
At one point I was getting a clutch every night, some of them were about 3 inches long. I had WAY too many snails. I have not had many fertile clutches since papa snail died. He must have been a pimp.

your snails shell looks very thing in the pic above...

spirals

i will eat you in your sleep
very cool :)
i must say though, the sac was sooo gross looking but now we all know if we see one not to go "OMG GROSS" and wipe it off (lol).
those babies are so awesome! i love them.
would the shell just be thin since its a baby though? i mean, it hasn't really had time to thicken yet correct?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store