My boyfriend gave me my xmas present early!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Mar 17, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Oooh i wish i had a mitre saw lol, I built my stand for my 40g with a skill saw and a drill lol. Ive been doing carpentry for about 5 years though so i managed to do a pretty decent job. I wouldve killed to have a mitre say though and maybe some clamps lol

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Ohhh :grinyes:

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Maybe we were a little harsh - I guess you can keep him for a while.

LOL He has been on his best behavior since I told him it was him or the fish and the fish weren't going anywhere. I think he got a little scared and is treating me a lot better. He doesn't say anything about them anymore and I even bought a 55 gallon today! I am going to rehome the 90 gallon though. I was going to use it for a cold water tank for my goldfish that died by raccoon. :(

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
I get new tools by telling my wife I will make something that she wants. I do it as well. Her stuff just seems to take a bit longer.

Aww... honey I need that table saw, circular saw and router to build you a bookcase. It just took me a year to do that bookcase and a week to redo the fishtank's stand. I just finished it for her last week. Just in time for Christmas :)

Congrats on the miter saw. I could really use one for the frames that my wife wants me to make. he... he... he...

wackydan

Fun, not crazy.
Nov 21, 2005
Matthews, NC
Just don't rely on the laser aspect of the saw. The laser "guide" are generally ill-regarded by pros. You are best off bringing the blade down to the cut line while the saw is off in order to line up the cut properly.

2nd, Where a dust mask (and eye protection), and hook a shop vac up to the saw's dust port (if it has one). No need getting tiny wood particles/dust into your lungs. Ear protection as well... All three are a rule of thumb in my shop.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store