my brackish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
ok did not get a skimmer yet but they seem to be good ive got the salinity up to 1.0215 took some shots of them tonight and they looked like this

i was gonna get a skimmer but for the same price as it was gonna cost me to get a skimmer i picked this up a spectra pure sp 2000-180 the dudes wifes had his sw set ripped outta his house when they went differing ways so there is a complete set up for a 800g sw tank just sittin in the trademans backyard who took it out but all i really needed was this thus far

from what ive studied thus far water quality is the key to a good sw tank so i thought this would serve me well in days to come

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
might be overkill for just a few scats

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
oh no that 4 canister baby is for hooking up to my fish room to make sure i have kickin water :dance: by my calculations it means i will be able to do wc on all my tanks and not have to worry about the quality of city water

i have something else a little off the wall planned for the scats when the time comes to move them from this tank they will just love their new home and the tank they are in will become one very top notch cycled an maintained reef tank with brilliant flashes of color

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Considering how messy scats are, you would have been better off with a skimmer. It's gonna cost you a pretty $$$ to make enough water for all those large weekly WC scats need.

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
thats ok im a crazy pet fanatic

my wife an i decided a few months back that with 7 kids an maybe more to come we would make pets our social life

the skimmer will be in place come friday just could not pass up the deal on the water purifier as from what ive read its a needed thing in sw as i go forward with this im really thinking of making my private fish room downstairs to be a brackish sw realm with the 2-4 tanks upstairs being fw and since i have 6 tanks up here at work with 2 more to come which are all fw im more convinced that my fish room will be sw brackish

now about the mess that scats make i have had them for a bit of time and im more than happy to dedicate time to making sure that the quality of their water is pristine since they are such cool an happy fish very much personable

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store