My Dad's 1984 tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
sorrry, here are the pics.

DSC01318.JPG DSC01313.JPG DSC01314.JPG DSC01315.JPG DSC01316.JPG DSC01317.JPG

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Wow...what a bunch of work! It's nice that you are doing this for your dad. I just found this thread and have read it with great interest, since I have recently revived a 210g tank that belonged to my brother, who died suddenly in March, 2005. This tank sat empty for several years before I got it (we couldn't bear to sell it).
Keep up the good work:y220e::y220e:
Robbie

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
Thanks Robbie! I would have done more but I think I have harrassed the fish enough for one day. As for my Dad, well, he is upset I am changing his tank but I think it will be a healthier aquarium here soon.
Tomorrow I think I will syphon the bottom again and put some more water in the tank. I would like to get a great filter, any ideas for a good one?

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
Yea, I can imagine. yet if we are communicating then its alright with me. This is not a story about fish its about a relationship.

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
This is almost like a story line for a film lol, seriously tho, good luck, I have had probs communicating with my dad for some years, unforntunately he's not a big fish fan! Or any pets for that matter, maybe my dog will bite him day lol

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
Just syphoned around 4 gallons of waste but did not make any impact. I feel there is too much waste too syphon out so I guess I will just have to drain the aquaruim and wash the waste out. This would probally be better for the fish. I wish I could by him a new tank. Maybe one day I will. For now, I am dedicated to making this one as nice as possible!
Thanks for all yalls help!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
No need to buy any new tanks. You're bound to have crap in your water when you try to replace 23 yr old substrate, especially when it was used with an undergravel filter (read: pulling all the crap down into the substrate).

You could get a 10 or 20 gallon tank and a cheapy hang-on-back filter and a heater for now and move the fish over, then pretty much tear down your tank and replace what you want at your leisure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store