My discus tank - new look re-scape

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
Do discus eat Spirulina at all? I've noticed that it works as a color neutral color enhancer.
:cool: Again as I mentioned to Paul, I'm relatively new to discus but my original attraction to this species was colors. Have read documentation on the natural color enhancing, and disease resistance of blue-green algae found in spirulina & thought to incorporate it in my overall diet. To answer your query, yes they do. They don't tear at it w/ the same enthusiasm as the live black worms but then thats to be expected. I' m sure both you & I have certain foods or drinks that we are more passionate about consuming than others. (a grilled steak / Jack Daniels come quickly to mind). Anything that will help improve the end result - beautiful, colorful, healthy discus is what we want. I think they are going to be stars when they grow up :

They are well on their way! "T"

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
:cool: Great scape, beautiful discus (as usual) Paul!! Interesting discussion on the Tetra products. Although not presently using them, have had great success in the past with SA's & CA's. I believe the diversity in your overall diet for your guys is key to them looking so well. I haven't been at discus very long but I put together my OCD (lol) diet list to incorporate a broad spectrum. Food varies every couple a days - live blackworms, Hans frozen beef mix, San Fran Bay Frozen Bloodworms, Mysis Shrimp, Ocean Nutrition Discus Flakes, Als Austrailian freeze dried blackworms, O.S.I. Spirulina Flakes, NLS Discus Formula pellets & Dainichi Cichlid - Color FX + Vita-Chem once a week. "T"
:cool: Again as I mentioned to Paul, I'm relatively new to discus but my original attraction to this species was colors. Have read documentation on the natural color enhancing, and disease resistance of blue-green algae found in spirulina & thought to incorporate it in my overall diet. To answer your query, yes they do. They don't tear at it w/ the same enthusiasm as the live black worms but then thats to be expected. I' m sure both you & I have certain foods or drinks that we are more passionate about consuming than others. (a grilled steak / Jack Daniels come quickly to mind). Anything that will help improve the end result - beautiful, colorful, healthy discus is what we want. I think they are going to be stars when they grow up :

They are well on their way! "T"
Superb looking discus, Tony!! Congrats.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
Love it! Yes, for me it would be cheese pizza and a craft beer...but I also like lemongrass tea and a mixed green salad
:) lol lol I hear ya platytudes

Superb looking discus, Tony!! Congrats.

:read: Thanx so much!! I wanna be like you when I grow up (lol lol ) "T"

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
BTW folks, I meant to apologize earlier for the quality of the re-scape pics.

The camera settings weren't quite right, the tank water was a little hazy due to the shots being taken the day after the re-scape was completed, and my photography was a little off due to the pics being taken after a second Lemon Hart & cola (blurring ?) - I know, I know.....excuses, excuses....!

So here's a smoother set of pics taken the following day for you to get a better look at what the tank really looks like on a 'good day':

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h357/discuspaul/lolliblues2

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
:mwave: And the hits just keep on coming!! Fantastic shots!! "T"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store