My first big girl tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TMDragon

AC Members
Feb 24, 2008
Southern California
If i don't go oscars, I am thinking about letting each of my kids pick a schooling fish and getting 3 large schools of them....and I have been wanting apistos for awhile...oh the decisions, lol. still gotta while before i can even get the filtration together. that is a big decision in its self.
After they pick, get them some swim suits and they can do laps with the fishies :D

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
After they pick, get them some swim suits and they can do laps with the fishies :D
They were begging yesterday to use the 75g tanks as a giant petshop display to play doggie...they settled on a laundry basket instead
for the 75 id go for a lake malawi cichlid setup
Thinking about it
You're out of control lady!

so what.. one planted discus tank, and one huge invert tank!?
I promised myself these larger tanks would not be focused around inverts, lol. Although it would be nice to be able to include some new inverts in them. We will see.
Your possibilities are endless it seems!!!! Good luck figuring out what you want to do, I'm HORRIBLE at that part, cause well......I want everything:eek:
That is the problemI am having, that and I am broke from buying all the tanks LOL..need to save up for good equipment to run them now
you know I have to chime in with "Paludarium"
I am thinking about maybe doing a paludarium with one of my empty 30g's

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I got a free mag 350 wiht the 75g tank, going to pick up some media today and check out some lighting options at the hardware store today. Still need to snag my heaters, and build a stand....I will keep you all posted on the progress!

satanpie

Banana plant addict.
Aug 25, 2007
Long Island NY
www.myspace.com
I think it's time for some updates.:grinyes: Hope everything is going good!!
yeah i wanna see so,me pics and stuff! youre gonna be so busy with gettin all those tanks humming!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Well, I have gotten the heaters, and several filters. Still need to get lighting. Its been a slow process. I am waiting to see if I am having a pretty invasive knee surgery before setting them up. My husband will already have to take care of my 12 smallish tanks that I have running if I get this operation, I didn't want to have 2 large tanks for him to deal with as well. I will find out this week if I am having surgery or not. If not, the tanks will get kicked into high gear. Although I said no inverts, I am considering using the 75g temporarily as a snail grow-out tank as the demand for my apple snails has gotten so large. Once the demand has been met and I am doing more "maintenance" breeding, they would be moved back to the 29g tanks that they are currently residing in. I have also snagged a couple pieces of big driftwood and have a whole 29g FILLED with plants for one of the big tanks...I am just biding my time! Thanks for the interest guys! I feel the tanks staring at me accusingly everytime I walk into my "fishroom".

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Good luck with your knee! Just to chime in on the stocking of the 120 - Pearl Gouramis would look lovely in there. :drool:
Can't wait to see pics..........

OldMan47

I love my endlers
Jan 1, 2008
Central Illinois
Hi there Ms Jinks. If you have spent too much and need to fill that 120, you could get 3 pairs of nice endlers for a reasonable amount and just wait 6 months. At the 6 months point you could start selling them to keep your population in line with the tank size and get enough to cover their food and such.
It may come as a surprise to you but I like endlers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store