my humble tylo snail tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Awsome setup! One of the best I have ever seen.

boxedfish

AC Members
Aug 30, 2009
singapore
thanks people for all your comments.... made some changes to the layout because i have too many gaps and holes in the tank, which may be deadly traps for small baby snails. And also put all the babies in a breeding tank to get them grow until they are big enough to hang out with the big boys... oh just witness the yellow antenna giving birth.. was too late to see the whole thing, by the time i noticed, the baby is already almost out.. haha.. will post the pictures of that soon... :)

gtu2004

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
New York
OP, what is the colorful fish close to the right bottom quarter of the picture? I think I saw this one at a LFS but they said they were not for sale. They told me it was a kind of guppy. I want one!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
any idea where to find more information about the King Tylos? I'd be interested in them for a paludarium set up, but the google search results pretty much point to this thread. Do they go by another name maybe?

I'm also interested in other paludarium snail candidates, that aren't big on eating plants.

boxedfish

AC Members
Aug 30, 2009
singapore
any idea where to find more information about the King Tylos? I'd be interested in them for a paludarium set up, but the google search results pretty much point to this thread. Do they go by another name maybe?

I'm also interested in other paludarium snail candidates, that aren't big on eating plants.
not much info on them. some people called it joker snail also. anyway, i think they might need brackish water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store