my humble tylo snail tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boxedfish

AC Members
Aug 30, 2009
singapore
well then it;s time you get your hands on some tylomelania snails!!! i would recommended the orange ones because they are the more active type, and the colour is just so bright.

FishVixen

DIY Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Richmond Va
Going to research this evening and see what I come up with. See what's selling here in the States.

FishVixen

DIY Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Richmond Va
Thank you so much for posting. My roommate just seen it and went "WOW what a tank"

Lex.inverts

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Hi Boxedfish,

Do you still have Scarlet Badis in your Tylo tank? I have several Tylo tanks and lots of planaria that Scarlet Badis might help get rid of. Do they leave the Tylos alone? Lots of fish will bite off the tentacles. Thanks!

boxedfish

AC Members
Aug 30, 2009
singapore
yup the scarlet badis still in my tank. i dont think they will eat planaria because i have some of that in my tank and the badis just left them alone. Best solution is still to use a syringe and suck out any planaria that you seen. Also vacuum the gravel/substrate might help too.

Lex.inverts

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
So the Scarlet Badis leave the Tylos alone? I want to add some fish to one of my Tylo tanks, but don't want to risk any injuries to my snails! Thanks

boxedfish

AC Members
Aug 30, 2009
singapore
yes they leave them alone, in fact they also sometimes help to eat away little creatures/parasite on the snails' shells. they are indeed useful. however, you have to make sure they have enough "live" food because they just dont eat dried or process food. Strictly carnivore. i think any small fishes will be ok with the tylo. my endlers also leave the snails alone.

Lex.inverts

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for the information. The endlers do ok at the high temperatures, then? I may have to pick some up on Aquabid. I keep my Tylo tanks around 81-84 F.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store