My L-144 Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Lol. Mine are still pretty small. They've grown just a little, but I'll definitely get some more pics tonight to post. :D

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Great looking fish! Mine still aren't showing sex yet, but I just read today that if you put PVC in your tank, only the males will stay in the pipe. I don't know how true that is, especially at this young age, but I figure it's worth a try. I'm going to get some and see if they respond. I still won't rely on that for sexing though...lol.
While some species of plecos will do this, like the L333, it is not true for bristlenose. All the young will go in and out of the cave ramdonly but to clean the biofilm off only. My females check my caves out once in a while, but they may be eating biofilm as well. And the males aren't in the cave at all until a few days before they spawn with the females.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
For some reason, I was thinking I had already posted some pics on this thread...lol.

Anyway, here's some pics of mine:

And here's the tank I keep them in:

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Teehee! thanks!

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
they are GORGEOUS! I really want some but have no room or enough money for a new tank! :( any more pics? :)

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Mine came from pinkertd. Here's a link to the parents: Link

Unfortunately, I don't have anymore photos of them at the moment, but I can sure try to get some tonight.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
They look great!! They sure do have a sweet home there!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
mine love banana and pears over just about everything i put in there. the b/n, shrimp and sae's fight constantly nudging one another off of it. the one thing i haven't done yet is snello but i dust everything with cuttlebone for the snails and shrimp.

a shredded pinch of chicken breast off the george foreman grill is probably a close third with most of them but i haven't seen the b/n respond to it yet.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Wow. I'll have to get some fruits like that. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store