my new 10g, thank you AC!!! (many pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
hey thanks! the grassy plants are micros swords. that is 2 small pots worth that I had in my 20 gallon, that I took out and broke up into single strands. when you get it, it looks like a single plant, but when you seperate it, you'll have runners with 4 or 5 shoots on each one, all wound around each other. makes for easy seperation..

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I was hoping to edit the first post to include these new plant descriptions but for some reason I can not edit the post. I'll just post them...

I'm not positive about these descriptions, but here was someone's ids:
1 red leaved bulb...? --> should be tiger lotus
several stems of...? --> cabomba furcata or Cabomba caroliniana
2 long chains of...? --> marsilea minuta

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
after reading on the id's I think the marsilea minuta is actually Marsilea quadrifolia (aquatic clover)... it's much larger than glosso.. each leaf is about 1/2" round.

and I am pretty sure the tall ferns are cabomba furcata, not the caroliniana. I agree the bulb looks like tiger lotus, and hope it stays small for a while!

geofied

Plant formerly known as Duckweed
Jan 22, 2007
Cleveland area, OH
Wow, I take a couple of days off and miss a bunch of excitement around here. Between this and the floater discussion I feel so out-of-the loop.

Great job mellow, glad to see you've joined the multi-tank-ranks. And it looks like a great start to your scaping.

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Great tank. You are good at aquascaping!
Good job! :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store