my new 75 gallon tank set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ishot811

AC Members
Oct 21, 2010
Virginia
Real Name
John
I have the exact tank that I just got off of CL. I was also lucky enough to get the stand, light, 100w heater and an All-Glass MegaFlow Model 3 trickle filter...all for $150. I know, wow. Anyway, what I was hoping is to list some of your equipment...sump, return pump, heater size, are you using a U/V sterilizer. Pics would be awesome too.

Thanks,
John

ishot811

AC Members
Oct 21, 2010
Virginia
Real Name
John
Yes, I'd love to see it. Really, just bio-balls? No other media? How often do you do water changes and do you dose anything? Any plans to change your lighting? I've considered going to T5HO or PC instead of the single T12 it came with. Thanks for the quick reply.

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
Tank is very nice! LOL my cat does the same thing I have a 36g bow,2.5g minibow and a 5g minibow in the livingroom. My cat stays in this room for hours laying on the couch just watching the fish swim. Is too funny! Good luck with your tank love the layout and fish choice.

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
Tank is very nice! LOL my cat does the same thing I have a 36g bow,2.5g minibow and a 5g minibow in the livingroom. My cat stays in this room for hours laying on the couch just watching the fish swim. Is too funny! Good luck with your tank love the layout and fish choice.
Thanks a lot platytetrafan. It's actually been my easiest tank to deal with. I know just really want my fish to start breeding so i can get some more demasoni's.

ishot811

AC Members
Oct 21, 2010
Virginia
Real Name
John
Rockhoe14er (Sean), I noticed you said your return is around 2000 gph...I have a buddy gonna let me try his Mag 12 (1200 gph) and I was concerned it might be too much flow for a 75, and a little overkill on a 16x turnover per hour. If yours is working for you then I guess 1200 would be fine. Any chance I can get a pic of your sump...is it pre-fab or home made from a tank?
Thanks,
John

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
Rockhoe14er (Sean), I noticed you said your return is around 2000 gph...I have a buddy gonna let me try his Mag 12 (1200 gph) and I was concerned it might be too much flow for a 75, and a little overkill on a 16x turnover per hour. If yours is working for you then I guess 1200 would be fine. Any chance I can get a pic of your sump...is it pre-fab or home made from a tank?
Thanks,
John
Yeah sorry i'll get out the camera soon i just keep getting side tracked on other projects.

here is an old thread when i just got the tank and i took pictures. The pump isn't in the picture but at least this will give you some idea of the set up. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232114

ishot811

AC Members
Oct 21, 2010
Virginia
Real Name
John
Exactly what I was looking for...don't remember seeing that thread. Nice. Pretty close to what I have. Would still like to see the current set-up. Thanks.
John

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store